Watchdog

• Is there a hw watchdog implemented?

• It seems like the watchdog is being used by the internal threading that is managing the FTP server and WLAN connections.

In my recent encounter with the watchdog, I found that if I created a couple threads, then had my main thread loop while true and do some extensive exception handling, the watch dog timer would not get serviced and the CPU would halt.

Still trying to figure out more about this, but the watchdog is most definitely present on the LoPy. Just perhaps not accessible to us yet.

It would be nice if we could configure the watch dog to reset the device as opposed to halting the CPU.

• @Ralph said in Watchdog:

It is only missing in the firmware and it's definitely on the task list to implement. Keep an eye uit for it in the next firmware releases.

Thanks, sounds good. It is not the highest priority but good to have.

• It is only missing in the firmware and it's definitely on the task list to implement. Keep an eye uit for it in the next firmware releases.

• @Ralph

Thanks. Is it due to the ESP32 hw or just missing in current fw and can be expected at a later time?

• Hi @bmarkus,
    In the LoPy, the watchdog is not implemented. Only the WiPy1 has it (see documentation)

Pycom on Twitter