Serial Detection and Atom Pymakr debugging problems

• First of all, thank you for all the work you are doing for democratizing hardware with micropython support.

As a Sigfox embassador, I'm trying to make a tutorial and open-source fir
    mware, using SiPy.

But, on my Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5, the setup is very buggy.
    I've already installed and reinstalled FTDI Drivers, Atom, and the Pymakr package.

While my ESP32 "dev boards" are working seamlessly (quickly and always detected as a /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART), it's pretty impossible to detect my SiPy's as serial.

I managed to upload files with WiFi/Filezilla, but it's impossible to debug that! (No serial = no debugging).

I'm trying to get the Atom Pymakr plugin to work, but unsuccessfully, on startup, I have the following message:
    Do you have any ideas for either detect easily the SiPy serial port, or make the Pymakr Atom package working?

[Enter steps to reproduce:]

1. ...
    2. ...

Atom: 1.17.2 x64
    Electron: 1.3.15
    Thrown From: Pymakr package 1.0.1

Stack Trace

Failed to load the Pymakr package

At dlopen(/Users/adrien/.atom/packages/Pymakr/lib/connections/serialport-linux/build/Release/serialport.node, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
    	/Users/adrien/.atom/packages/Pymakr/lib/connections/serialport-linux/build/Release/serialport.node: unknown file type, first eight bytes: 0x7F 0x45 0x4C 0x46 0x02 0x01 0x01 0x00
    	/Users/adrien/.atom/packages/Pymakr/lib/connections/serialport-linux/build/Release/serialport.node: unknown file type, first eight bytes: 0x7F 0x45 0x4C 0x46 0x02 0x01 0x01 0x00

Error: dlopen(/Users/adrien/.atom/packages/Pymakr/lib/connections/serialport-linux/build/Release/serialport.node, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
        at Error (native)
        at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:168:20)
        at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:583:18)
        at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:168:20)
        at Module.load (module.js:473:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3)
        at Module.require (Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/static/index.js:47:45)
        at require (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/native-compile-cache.js:66:1)
        at bindings (/packages/Pymakr/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:76:44)
        at /packages/Pymakr/lib/connections/serialport-linux/lib/bindings.js:3:35)
        at Module.get_Module._compile (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/native-compile-cache.js:106:1)
        at Object.value [as .js] (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/compile-cache.js:230:1)
        at Module.require (Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/static/index.js:47:45)
        at require (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/native-compile-cache.js:66:1)
        at /packages/Pymakr/lib/connections/serialport-linux/lib/serialport.js:12:25)
        at Module.get_Module._compile (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/native-compile-cache.js:106:1)
        at Object.value [as .js] (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/compile-cache.js:230:1)
        at /packages/pymakr/lib/connections/pyserial.js:14:18)

Commands

2x -0:02.8.0 core:copy (atom-notification.fatal.icon.icon-bug.native-key-bindings.has-detail.has-close.has-stack)

Non-Core Packages

autocomplete-clang 0.11.3 
    build 0.68.0 
    busy 0.7.0 
    file-icons 2.1.6 
    intentions 1.1.2 
    language-ini 1.19.0 
    linter 2.1.4 
    linter-gcc 0.7.1 
    linter-ui-default 1.6.0 
    minimap 4.28.2 
    platformio-ide 2.0.0-beta.4 
    platformio-ide-debugger 1.2.0 
    platformio-ide-terminal 2.5.1 
    Pymakr 1.0.1 
    tool-bar 1.1.0 

• Hi @adrien3d,

Could you please try following the instructions at the bottom of this page, https://atom.io/packages/pymakr? It looks like you're having issues with the serial port module!

Let me know if this helps,

Alex

Pycom on Twitter