[Solved] TTN Gateway status not connected for LoRaWAN

• Hello,

I have been trying to follow the instructions for LoraWAN Gateway as here:
    https://github.com/franckalbinet/iot-smr3128-ictp/blob/master/labs/lorawan-nano-gateway.md

I am not having much luck and not sure why. I am in Australia and I am using the meshed network, labelling it in my config.py as router.thethings.meshed.com.au. I am connecting via mobile hotspot (If anyone knows how to connect to eduroam that would also be very helpful) and it connects and even shows a connection on my phone. The REPL seems to indicate that I have connected to the LoraWAN nano gateway however nothing is happening on the things network gateway overview.

I have googled through other people having the same problem at some stages but yet to decipher how they fixed their problem.

This is what shows in REPL
    0_1510543992418_509ad407-17f8-4831-be28-49db9694494f-image.png

I also had this come up at one stage:
    0_1510544070096_5756ae29-d5e5-4226-9019-dfc07d59cabd-image.png

When I went out for lunch my hotspot disconnected and I returned to a lot of messages saying Failed to pull/push uplink/downlink packets to/from server 118.

Cheers,

Dylan

• @dylan Instant connection, I left my Gateway on The Things Network as the meshed router, but changed the server in my config.py to router.au.thethings.network.
    Thank you :).

• @jmarcelino I did see that around but it doesn't come up in the list of routers on The Thing Network Gateway setup, I saw somewhere that someone used the meshed network, made sense as the address ends in a .au. I'll try router.au.thethings.network and see what happens.

Cheers

• @dylan
    Why are you using the Meshed router? I’m not familiar with that option.

The official TTN router for Australia is router.au.thethings.network have you tried it?

Pycom on Twitter