ADR don't work with LoPy+Pysense and Multitech Conduit

• Hello.

I am working with LoPy + Pysense( firmware 0.0.7), the gateway is a Multitech Conduit AEP 868 MHz connected to a 9.15 dBi antenna. The system works fine, i send humidity and temperature and i proccess it in node-red app.

The LoRa objet parameters are:

lora = LoRa(mode = LoRa.LORAWAN, adr = True, public = True)

I add five channels like this:

lora.add_channel(index = X, frequency = X, dr_min = 0, dr_ max = 5)

In the Conduit, the ADR are activated from DR0 to DR5 too.

When data are received, i look for datarate and always are SF7BW125 and never change although I move the node for change the SNR. The packets don't arrive when RSSI is about -120dB and SNR is -6 dB. Multitech Conduit adapt the ADR after analyzing the SNR of 6 packets, but i am not lucky, i always get SF7 (DR5) and I think that's why the communication range is very short (about 800 meters).

Does anyone have an LoPy code example to check that the ADR works with Conduit?

Thanks.

• Yesterday i was testing ADR on LoPy with confirmed packets. I achieved that LoPy change to a SF8BW125 but no more, the communication range was the same.
    I forced the LoPy to transmit at SF12 in the socket configuration, and the range is the same too... I looked from lora.tx_power() and the value is 13, i think 13 dBm.

About 100 meters in line vision, the gateway measured SNR = 8 dB and RSSI = -78 dB ... it is OK?

• @jmarcelino said in ADR don't work with LoPy+Pysense and Multitech Conduit:

@rloro338
    How are you joining? ABP or OTAA?

You might need to send some downlinks (from your Conduit to the node) so that the ADR MAC command can get piggybacked.

The auth. method is OTAA.
    I tried to send CONFIRMED packets, but datarate didn't change neither.
    Tomorrow i will try again.

The communication range should improve using a SF12 instead SF7, right?

Thanks jmarcelino.

• An easier option to sending downlinks is to send confirmed uplinks from the node.

s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_LORA, socket.SO_CONFIRMED, True)

• @rloro338
    How are you joining? ABP or OTAA?

You might need to send some downlinks (from your Conduit to the node) so that the ADR MAC command can get piggybacked.

Pycom on Twitter