Understanding code for Lora-Raw

• Does anyone know if there is any "plain english" descriptions available to help me understand the coding.

I would like to connect a "mesh network of Lopy's" to a "lopy Nano Gateway". I am struggling to find some code that works in this situation and would like to understand it better to allow modifications to suit my application

Thanks

• @rcolistete thanks for the clarification

:D

• @ahaw021 said in Understanding code for Lora-Raw:

I believe lora is a point to point network - lora nodes can only talk to gateways they cannot talk to other lora nodes to pass the message on

LoRa node can pass messages to other LoRa nodes, etc.
    But there are issues of being active (power on) to do that (received messages all the time).
    Like the FAQ explains, mesh protocol is a lot more complicated than passing messages to other nodes.

• @roy-boy

mesh network of Lopy's - you should review lora and mesh networks

I believe lora is a point to point network - lora nodes can only talk to gateways they cannot talk to other lora nodes to pass the message on (essentially what a mesh network is)

https://www.link-labs.com/blog/lora-faqs

1. WHY CAN’T I USE LORA IN A MESH TOPOLOGY?
      You could, actually, but you would need to convert an existing 802.15.4 or other mesh protocol to use the modulation format. Because of some of LoRa’s features, like long preambles and variable bit rates, this would be a serious engineering feat.

Andrei

Pycom on Twitter