libusbK (v3.0.7.0) Vs USB Serial(CDC) [ and Atom connection ]

• hi,

Just got a GPy + PyTrack and followed the instructions to update the firmware on both the PyTrack and the GPy. It was suggested that in Zadig, we choose libusbK (v3.0.7.0) as the driver. But if we do so, then how do we connect from Atom? For the earlier Expansion board + WiPy, I used to use the COM port to connect. Now I have replaced the driver for GPy + PyTrack to USB Serial(CDC) and I can now start using Atom and connect/upload using Serial Port. Is there any problem in doing it this way? Can I know any advantages of using libusbK (v3.0.7.0) and if using libusbK (v3.0.7.0), how do we connect from Atom? Do we need to connect to the GPy wireless AP and then telnet into the device? This could be troublesome because it disconnects the internet. Not sure if I missed anything. Any pointers? Thanks

• @Xykon , thanks. Btw are there any advantages of using libusbK? cos I used USB Serial(CDC) driver ( when flashing from zadig ) and it works well. I see the COM port and I can use Atom/Pymakr to program. With libusbK, I wasn't sure how to connect from Atom as there is no longer a serial port available.

• administrators

@r-w The libusbK driver is used to upgrade the firmware of the Pytrack & Pysense when the board is in DFU mode which is initiated by plugging in the board while holding down the button on the Pytrack / Pysense. The board will only stay in DFU mode for 7 seconds after being connected to the PC, so right now you have to find the right moment to install the driver on Windows.

We're looking into improving this by providing a driver package rather than require users to use Zadig as the driver package can be installed without the Pysense / Pytrack being connected and in the correct state.

Pycom on Twitter

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.