No successful Sigfox connectivity after latest update with FiPy & PyTracker [SOLVED]

• Hello,

I would appreciative some advice what I can do to establish my first Sigfox communication in the Netherlands.

Actions so far:

• firmware update Pytrack before latest firmware update of FiPy
    • the firmware update shows Sigfox ID and PAC that I used to register my device with the SigFox backend
    • my device is visible but never seen
    • I ran the example script to expose the PAC and ID and checked that they were identical as the IDs shown with the latest firmware upgrade
    • I've run the example script below to send a test message both inside and outside but still no communication seen
    • Just the be sure I waited more than 20 minutes in between and minimized the payload as shown below

Any tips & suggestions that can help me with my succeeding my first "SigFox Hello World" experience are welcome. ;-)

Best regards,

Peter

====================================

from network import Sigfox
    import socket

# init Sigfox for RCZ1 (Europe)
    sigfox = Sigfox(mode=Sigfox.SIGFOX, rcz=Sigfox.RCZ1)

# create a Sigfox socket
    s = socket.socket(socket.AF_SIGFOX, socket.SOCK_RAW)

# make the socket blocking
    s.setblocking(True)

# configure it as uplink only
    s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_SIGFOX, socket.SO_RX, False)

# send some bytes
    s.send(bytes([1, 2, 3]))

• @pmb_nl i have the same problem, do You have some solution about it? Thanks

• @giorgioscibilia I solved it by using another antenna and putting it out of the window.

• @pmb_nl it sounds weird, I know that.. but updating the pymakr plugin actually made it work for me .
    Hope that can help!

• @giorgioscibilia I still have the same problem so also interested in a possible solution.

• Hi all,
    I got the exact same issue, did anyone manage to solve it?

Thanks

• @jmarcelino Thanks for clarification! I did check once outside. I have contact with Aerea (Dutch Sigfox provider) and they will check from the network side. There should be country wide coverage.

• Hi @pmb_nl

rssi() only works for the last received message. For Sigfox that means you’d need to schedule a downlink (and to have it sent the backend would need to receive an uplink first)

The only way to check the signal in Sigfox (and other ISM band networks like LoRa) is to check the received signal at the backend.

Maybe coverage in your area isn’t very good. Have you tried outdoors?

• @jmarcelino Despite my antenne (LoRa (868MHz/915MHz) & Sigfox Antenna Kit) near the LED I receive value 0 with the command (sigfox.rssi()). Does that mean that there is zero signal received or am I using the command the wrong way?

• @jmarcelino Haha yes, I have used the antenna from the Pycom store.

• @pmb_nl
    Sorry for the basic question but have you connected an antenna (and which) to the connector next to the LED?

Pycom on Twitter