Pycom Wipy v2.0 sleep mode detail documentation

• Hello,

Please help me with options, suggested designs, software schemes, programming procedures, power modes with power consumption on sleep mode for Pycom Wipy v2.0 module where WiFi radio can be active.

Thanks,

• @sneha Hey, I’m just a user like you, I’m trying to help, but you probably need to do your own research, or ask Pycom directly...

• @sneha
    as @jcaron say - precise if you really need listen mode of your wifi. Do you wait for incomming trafic?

1. Your scenario is, you have some data on wipy and you need to send it with confirmation
      and then you can disable wifi.

or

1. Your scenario is oposite, your wipy is waiting for mesage on wifi. You can not then benefit from deepsleep and
      i do not see any more suggestions. Your module must be always on with wifi enabled
      and it then consume "alot" of power.

• @jcaron Hello jcaron,

I am waiting for your reply, Please help me on this ASAP as i need to get it done urgently.

Thanks,

• @jcaron Hello jcaron,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i need to keep my WiFi in listen mode often, so i need the detail description on second scenario where i can ask my WiFi to wake up and send data more than once in a day and also provide me a power consumption of sleep mode. It will be grateful if i get detail description
    regarding both the scenarios, so that i can move with the compatible one.

• @sneha With a WiPy 2.0, the lowest power consumption with the chip still active is about 12 mA, and that's with Wi-Fi off.

If you want to go lower, you'll have to use a deep sleep shield, Pysense or Pytrack. In that case you can go down to about 10 µA, but the chip is completely powered off.

Depending on what you want to do, there are two main directions:

• if most of the time you're sleeping, and only need to send data once in a while, just use external deep sleep, and when you wake up, connect to Wi-Fi, send your data, and go back to deep sleep. You will need to make sure you don't wake up to often, and that the WiPy is awake the shortest time possible.

• if you need to send data often, or, even worse, to keep listening for incoming trafic, you'll need to keep the chip and Wi-Fi on. This means you can't live long on a battery (probably a day or two at most).

A WiPy 3.0 has better deep sleep, but I don't think there's yet a mode that makes much of a difference in terms of having Wi-Fi enabled and low power consumption.

You'll need to provide more details of what you are trying to achieve if you want a better picture of the possibilities.

Pycom on Twitter

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.