Stability of LTE M1

• Can someone from Pycom give us some guidance on the whether or not the gpy will be able to provide stable LTE-M1 data connectivity. When I say stable I mean stable enough to be deployed to a remote and unattended site for years without needing to be reset. What I'm reading from others is that the experience is currently far from that, i.e. it either doesn't work at all or is quite unreliable. Most of the bad stories seem to be coming from users in the Telstra network in Australia. As Australia is my home and Telstra has by far the best coverage I would really like to get some good news on this front.

• @paddy Any new info on this topic?

I cannot get my FiPy to keep uploading for more than a few hours - sometimes 20 minutes - without returning endless EAGAIN or EHOSTUNREACH errors on HTTP calls.

This a huge problem for my remote weather station design. I am going to have to have a fully parallel Raspberry Pi zero to run reliably 24/7 and sample the sensors (defeating low power requirement), since I currently have to shut down and reboot my FiPy in code everytime I start getting the HTTP request errors.

American Verizon Wireless SIM card through Nimbelink and updated Sequans firmware.

Dear Pycom: I want to love your product. Please help.

• @paddy

Agreed. The lack of stability needs to be addressed!

• I think the pycom suite of products and the gpy in particular are a great concept. So I'm really looking forward to hearing pycom let us know that they are aware that LTE connectivity is currently unstable and they have a plan and a timetable to get it sorted. I would much rather program in python than C++ but the particle electron seems to actually work so I might not have a choice.

Pycom on Twitter