Important update regarding LTE modem updates

• @danielm thanks for that.
    I gather you are not using the latest firmware revisions?
    The zsp0:npc 1 command does not seem to work anymore.

I have tried something similar, but modified for my local carrier (Vodafone) and just can not get it to attach.
    Nothing seems to get transmitted in the band that I need to select (band 8).

Peter.

• @robert-hh
    This is the sequence which works for me (method is part of class):

def test1(self):
    	self.lte = LTE()
    	self.lte.send_at_cmd('AT+CFUN=0')
    	self.lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="clearscanconfig"')
    	self.lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="addscanfreq band=20 dl-earfcn=6190"')
    	self.lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="zsp0:npc 1"')
    	self.lte.send_at_cmd('AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","nbiot.telekom.sk"')
    	self.lte.send_at_cmd('AT+CFUN=1')

pycom.rgbled(0xff0000)

while not self.lte.isattached():
    		print('Attaching…')
    		time.sleep(0.25)

pycom.rgbled(0x0000ff)

self.lte.connect()
    	while not self.lte.isconnected():
    		print('Connecting…')
    		time.sleep(0.25)

pycom.rgbled(0x008000)

• Hello,

I just updated to 37781 NB-IoT firmware my GPy. But i just realized that it will only works with Ericsson or Huawei Nodes.

Here in Chile we only have available one NB-IoT working node and it is Nokia, should it work?

Best regards,

• @tuftec said in Important update regarding LTE modem updates:

I do not see any transmissions in the band 8 uplink frequency area

Same for me at Band 20. No RF send activity at all.AT least a cell is acquired in Band 20 (commands 'AT!="showphy"' and 'AT+CSQ')

• @robert-hh
    I will post the sequence tomorrow. I left both FiPy and my notebook in the office.

• @danielm What is your command sequence?

• Just fyi, I am able to successfully connect to NB-IoT network of Slovak Telekom (Ericsson eNodeB, band 20) using Sequans firmware 37781 running on FiPy.

• @xykon thanks.
    Please give this a high priority.
    It appears that there are quite a number of customers experiencing similar levels of frustration and difficulty in getting NB-IoT to work with any network.

Peter.

• @peterv thanks. That might help a little.

• administrators

The reason I have re-released NB-IoT firmware 35351 is for users who had previously success with this version to up/downgrade to it.

As for your other questions I have forwarded them to Sequans. I am also testing various versions of the NB-IoT firmware with both our Amarisoft LTE emulator and the Vodafone network in the Netherlands and we will provide extended trace information from these tests to Sequans for analysis.

Unfortunately at the moment we are very much reliant on Sequans to provide firmware, software and documentation for these modems. We're now in the process of setting up our own test systems where we can do at least limited connectivity tests using standard setups.

I have received one newer NB-IoT firmware 38575 which I will release later tonight that according to Sequans contains a number of bug fixes. I haven't managed to successfully connect to our Amarisoft NB-IoT emulator yet with either version but I'm preparing some traces for Sequans and I'm also checking if this is possibly related to our MicroPython firmware as well.

I'm hoping to have some news on this very soon.

• @dan Could you verify that the new NB-IoT firmware is supposed to work with Huawei eNodeB channel 20 guard band deployment? We have not succeeded to connect the FiPy to our network yet while for example the UBlox N210 has no problem at all.

• @robert-hh Thanks, let us hope that it is complete and would be great if the AT!= commands were also documented.

• AT!="help" does seem to give a lot of the Sequans-specific commands too (and AT!="help foo" to get information on a specific command).

• @arneme It's in the documentation, e.g. at https://docs.pycom.io/datasheets/development/fipy
    Edit: Whether it's complete, I'm not sure. For instance the command AT+CPSMS? is issued to the modem but not documented. The sequans specific commands ("AT!....") seem to be missing too.

• @xykon Could you document (or provide a link to) the complete AT command set supported by the Sequans modem?

• @Xykon I have tried the changed commands as you have suggested and still nothing.

I do not see any transmissions in the band 8 uplink frequency area (880 - 915MHz) when using my RF spectrum analyser.

Please provide full details of the AT command sequence required to get this going.

Peter.

• @Xykon
    Are there any Release notes available for NB-1 version 35351?

• @xykon Thanks for the response.
    However I am still confused.

I am working with Vodafone in Australia.
    They currently use band 8
    So can I now use the following:
    lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="addscanband band=8"')
    lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="disablelog 1"')

Your specifications indicate that band 8 is supported.

I have been advised by Vodafone that I should not need to actually set the band or channel
    "The device should automatically pick the correct band and channel if it is compatible and you generally should not be setting these."

What is the significance of NB1-35351? I have installed NB1-37781. Is this now incorrect?

Having access to some proper documentation would make this process a lot easier.

Please provide clear instructions on how to get this product working with NB-IOT.

Peter.

• administrators

@xykon NB-1 version 35351 is now available at https://software.pycom.io/downloads/sequans2.html

The updater.elf file is identical in every firmware package.

• administrators

For the issue with Command zsp0::npc unknown

Please try and replace the following two lines:

lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="addscanfreq band=20 dl-earfcn=6300"')
    lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="zsp0:npc 1"')

with these:

lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="addscanband band=20"')
    lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="disablelog 1"')

I'm still trying to verify this on my end so any comment on this is welcome.

Additionally I will re-release the old NB1-35351 version as soon as possible.

Pycom on Twitter