lte.connect() CID and its purpose

• Re: lte.connect Connection ID (cid)

Please would someone clarify how the cid value plays into connections? I have the following scenario:

My GPy modems function really well. I appear to be avoiding the many issues other people have with connecting, hanging etc. However, I am experiencing locations where the modem initially connected with cid=1 then later (days/weeks later) would only connect with cid=3. Now one particular location is back to only connecting with cid=1. Carrier and physical location have remained constant.

When unable to connect I get the following exception with lte.connect(cid=x):

"the requested operation failed"

However, while the modem threw an exception and indicates it is not connected my SIM provider (Hologram) indicates is IS connected.

Please help me understand what CID is and how I can know which to select and when. Yes, I see in the docs it's an indicator of carrier, but my experience says that really does not affect which carrier is used (according to Hologram dashboard). I want these devices to be able to be deployed without having to fiddle with various modem settings for each location. Should that be possible (within reason) if I am deploying to major cities across the US?

• @panda try lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="setDbgPerm full"') before using the command lte.send_at_cmd('AT!="RRC:showDetectedCell"')

• @robert-hh said in LTE Available Towers:

RRC:showDetectedCell

The response from the "RRC:showDetectedCell" command is:

['No permission to use the RRC private debug CLI', 'OK']

The other commands seem to work fine. If the error message is accurate how do I enable permission?

Pycom on Twitter