Issue with deep sleep low current

• Hi, after making some tests mettering the current consumption of a FIPY in deep sleep mode, there is an issue that I couln't solve yet.

Basically the code makes a Lora publication and then goes to sleep 1 minute and repeats the same routine.
    In the first boot, the current consumption after going to deep sleep goes to 22uA aprox... But after the second boot, it begins to stay at 30mA aprox in deep sleep mode.

This is the current consumption:
    0_1537990229240_consumption.PNG

It's not logic because it's suposed that the FIPY becomes resetted after every deep sleep, so the result of the first boot should be the same of the other ones...

This is the code used to sleep:

import machine
    machine.pin_deepsleep_wakeup(pins=['P8'], mode=machine.WAKEUP_ALL_LOW, enable_pull=True)
    machine.deepsleep(60000)

• @davidchallender I've tried using a LOPY4 but the current under deepsleep is 200uA...
    It should be less...

• @shp96 Need to turn off LTE, requires a sim to be fitted to work without error. put the switch off in the boot so it does it first.

• Actually, I did a test where the code had only the deep sleep command, connecting only the FIPY to the consumption metter and happend exactly the same...

First sleep: 22uA
    Other sleeps: 35mA

• @jcaron I don't disable those radio interfaces because the code is really big (42 .py files) and does many different things...

Anyway I've tried disablind those radio interfaces in the sleep section and it doesn't works...

Actually I do wait the RX windows to become closed, but I don't think that the problem is caused by the Lora function because it's the same if I change it for sigfox or something else... The problem is when the board repeats the sleep function after the first sleep.

The board is being powered directly to the VIN with 4v, and isn't in a development board... It's in a circuit that hasn't anything but the pycom...

And yes, in the consumption graphic looks like it doesn't the same in every boot but the code is the same...

• @jcaron Some days ago you helped me with a problem configurating the Lora channels with a Multitech gateway. So that is the code that I'm using...

• @shp96 can you also share your LoRa-related code? Your graph doesn’t show the same activity pattern when awake, and you don’t seem to be waiting for the end of the RX windows. Not sure what happens if you go to deep sleep while the LoRa radio is active...

• @shp96 the ESP32 cores are reset, but there’s a lot more stuff going on.

Did you disable LTE and WiFi on boot? Do you have a SIM present? Are you using a pysense or Pytrack? Are you using any sensors? Is there an SD card? How are you powering the board?

Hello World?

Pylife on Kickstarter - November 2018

Back Us On Kickstarter >

Pycom on Twitter