UART Pins for Pytrack with WiPy3

• I'm looking to set two pins on my Pytrack & WiPy3 to Tx and Rx UART connections (I want to send data from one device to another). I'm confused though about which pins are available with this configuration...The default UART and all the main pins are occupied by the WiPy3, so there are only the External I/O pins in the centre of the board available. How can I set the UART to one of these I/O pins?

• @soopieng said in UART Pins for Pytrack with WiPy3:

@Erick-Falcon Hi, I am looking for similar solution as well. May I know what do you mean on making a shield on your solution? I am planning to use FiPy on Pytrack, and i need I2C and UART features from FiPy as well. There is a external IO header on Pytrack board, with some GPIO pins and power signal available. Can we configure one pair of the GPIO as UART for my purpose? or the external IO header is used for other application?

hi, I new using these devices. I´ve been work with this around three months. when I said "make a shied" I mean make a pcb what allow you to use fipy, pytrack and sensors, without need to solder extra pins on pytrack. I am testing to see how viable and efficient this solution is.

• @soopieng P2 and P9 are labeled as connected to the PIC of the expansion board. Lacking any useful in information from Pycom, I cannot tell if zhey can be use for either UART or I2C. I have to try. Note, that P2 must not be low at reset, as that switched the ESP32 into boot loader mode.

• @robert-hh Hi, thanks for the reply. may I confirm that i can only either have I2C or UART feature configuration on pytrack external IO header - P10 & P11, since I am also needed the SD for logging purpose. Is P2 & P9 reserve for other usage? can i use that for UART?

• @soopieng You can configure the pins on the PyTrack IO header for UART and I2C as well. Just specify these pins with their Pxx name when creating the UART or I2C instance using the pins=(..) argument (see https://docs.pycom.io/firmwareapi/pycom/machine/uart/#app). Be aware that the Pins on Pytrack also include P4 and P8, which are used by the SD card. So if you use SD, only P10 and P11 are available.
    For the Pinout, see https://docs.pycom.io/datasheets/expansionboards/pytrack/

• @Erick-Falcon Hi, I am looking for similar solution as well. May I know what do you mean on making a shield on your solution? I am planning to use FiPy on Pytrack, and i need I2C and UART features from FiPy as well. There is a external IO header on Pytrack board, with some GPIO pins and power signal available. Can we configure one pair of the GPIO as UART for my purpose? or the external IO header is used for other application?

• hi, do you found a solution for this?, what i do was make a shield to use the pytrack, fipy and others sensors. but I find some troubles in this way.

Pycom on Twitter