First use on MacOS & Serial doesn't work

• I have been trying all day to get the WiPy to show up on my MacBookPro running Mohave. It boots and runs, I can connect to the board using WiFi and FTP. I can transfer files to it. I can NOT get it to show up as a drive, nor can I get it to show up as a /dev/tty... device. I have checked the cable it works with my Micro:bit board. The Micro:bit shows up both on my laptop and my desktop. The WiPy shows up on neither.I have a WiPy version 2.0r and an expansion board v2.1A

Any help would be appreciated! πŸ™πŸΌ

• Woo Hoo!! πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’₯πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Thanks, I guess I assumed that the expansion board was just the drivers for an onboard serial port. Next time, I'll look at the schematics as well, since the WiPy docs said that there wasn't any driver needed for use. It's all working, now I can geek out having combined my two favorite worlds... embedded systems and Python!

• @dragonfire The WiPy, or to better say, the expansion board will never show up as a drive, it will only show up as a serial device. The expansion board 2.1 will show up as /dev/tty.usbserial-xxxx or /dev/cu.usbserial-xxxx. The WiPy has not to be inserted for that. You might have to install the appropriate VCP driver for the CP210x from Silicon Labs. https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

Pycom on Twitter