LTE_WAKE and waking from network activity like SMS

• Hello,

I'm aiming to sleep, while disconnected but still attached to the LTE network, and would like to wake on activity--e.g. an incoming SMS.

Questions:

• where can I find information on the various LTE pins, like LTE_WAKE--I can't even tell if it's an input or output from the data I've found
    • is there functionality similar/related to machine.pin_deepsleep_wakeup() I can use to wake from LTE activity?
    • how exactly do we interact with the GPIO pins, like GPIO23 or GPIO27, that don't have a header pin mapping ('PXY')?

On that last point, I thought I'd seen examples using machine.Pin(INTVALUE), but now it seems to expect a string and I don't know what to feed it...

Thanks!

• @dan Any updates on this issue? Seems like their hasn't been much change in the documentation.

• This post is deleted!

• @dan Is there any progress here?

• P6 which is the same as LTE_WAKE is among those which can wake the device from deepsleep. The problem (at least for me) is that that pin is constantly high and doesn't change when e.g. the device receives an SMS.
    It would be great if anyone has any information about what conditions cause that pin to change value.
    I'm a bit frustrated by the lack of implementation since the feature is clearly alluded to in the documentation but is not ready to be used. It would seem like a pretty useful feature for many applications so it's a bit misleading for the device to be released and then the official word to be "we'll get to it..."
    Likewise the PSM and eDRX modes don't seem have any good documentation but are some of the main reasons for wanting to use a CatM1 device instead of say a SIM808.

• @psychogenic machine.Pin() is expecting the pins you can find in the pinout sheet (values starting with P)

We don't have documentation on this feature yet and we haven't tested it either. We'll have to come back to this at a later time I'm afraid.

Pycom on Twitter