Pytrack power consumption

• Hi all,

The power consumption for the LoPy4 is very well documented, but nothing exists for the Pytrack. Could anyone tell me what the idle power is, or what the power is during gps acquisition etc?

Thanks

• @james-matthews Depends what you mean by "idle". In Pytrack-assisted deep sleep it should be somewhere in the range of 10-20 µA. Once you wake up the ESP32 and/or radios whatever the Pytrack uses is drowned in the consumption of those.

Note that in my experience, keeping the accelerometer active for wake-on-fall/tap/movement already brings power draw to several hundred µA rather than a few dozen as expected (but that was on the Pysense, and I haven't much investigated the cause for the issue since). I expect the GPS to be a lot more power-hungry, though there are probably standby modes and the like.

• @jcaron said in Pytrack power consumption:

@james-matthews Your best bet is probably to look up each individual chip's datasheets. There are quite a few possible combinations of use of the various chips on board and of their respective modes of operation.

OK thanks for that. I'll do that. Any idea what the idle power of the board is?

• @james-matthews Your best bet is probably to look up each individual chip's datasheets. There are quite a few possible combinations of use of the various chips on board and of their respective modes of operation.

Pycom on Twitter