Hardware reset ? Can't connect to board anymore

• Hi there,

I somehow most up my pysense board since trying the "activity/inactivity interrupts".

I can't connect to the board anymore in order to upload any fixes.
    After reseting the board it boots and returns:

Inactivity interrupt
    Autoconnect: Previous board is not available anymore

There is no WIFI visible, also Telnet does not work. The USB Example ist the above.

Is there any way to reset the hardware to the factory setting or do you know some other solution ?

Thanks

• administrators

@iotor Have you been able to do a successful firmware update (using the Pycom Firmware Updater tool) before you encountered this issue? If not, please first do a dfu firmware update of the Pysense without having the module plugged into it.

Once you have successfully updated the firmware please try the following:

Make sure all programs that could possibly block the serial port are closed.

Start the firmware updater and advance to the Communication screen where you select the serial port. If you don't see the serial port for the Pysense, press and hold the reset button on the module (next to the RGB LED) while you click Rescan Ports. Next please either enable the "Erase flash file system" or "Show advanced settings" option, depending on the version of the firmware updater tool you are using.

Now again please press and hold the reset button on the module while you click Continue and release it approx one second after clicking Continue. If you selected "Show advanced settings", please make sure to activate the "Erase during update" option in the File System section.

• @iotor No, Keep the module on the board. But still connect P8 to 3.3v and hit the reset. Could you give that ago and let me know if it fixes it?

Edit: Apologies this was supposed to be in response to:

"@robert-hh Thanks for the answer, but it does not seem to work. Is it correct that I take off the Lopy Board and then connect P8 with 3.3V and press reset, on the Pysense board?"

• @iotor did you try another USB cable or USB port at the computer?

• @paul-thornton correct the firmware shows the USB port after reconnnecting to usbcable or reseting the board, but cannot connect to it.
    Same when I try to connect via screen, I see for l short moment the tty connection but when I try to connect it is gone.

• Just to confirm. The firmware util cant talk to the board either? or is it just PyMakr.

• @iotor It is a little bit hard to see, which software is complaining. it seems that pymakr is involved too. I see that you are running OS X. Could you try to connect using tools like screen?

• @paul-thornton Thanks for the reply.
    My current Problem is that I can't get the board connected via USB, hence no firmware update. The Connection just breaks up after connecting:

Autoconnect: Found a PyCom board on USB
    Autoconnect: Connecting on /dev/tty.usbmodemPy50b0bd1...
    ets Jun  8 2016 00:22:57

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x16 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
    configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
    clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
    mode:DIO, clock div:1
    load:0x3fff8028,len:8
    load:0x3fff8030,len:1728
    load:0x4009fa00,len:0
    load:0x4009fa00,len:14592
    entry 0x400a059c
    Autoconnect: Previous board is not available anymore
    > Failed to connect (Error: Port is not open). Click here to try again.```

• as @robert-hh mentioned a reflash of the firmware should sort this out.

• @iotor The pysense board alone should not do anything. The Python prompt comes form the Lopy. If the PIC on the pysense board got crazy, you can update that one. See https://docs.pycom.io/pytrackpysense/installation/firmware.html
    I succeeded once that procedure, but it was kind of tricky.

• @robert-hh Thanks for the answer, but it does not seem to work. Is it correct that I take off the Lopy Board and then connect P8 with 3.3V and press reset, on the Pysense board?

• @iotor If you pull P8 up (connect it to 3.3V) and reset the device, it will do a safe boot, which does not execute boot.py and main.py. That should bring back a REPL prompt.
    With newer versions of the firmware you could also try to push Ctrl-F, which also may force a safe boot.

Pycom on Twitter