Need for converting Micropython/CircuitPython/Arduino libraries to Pycom tutorial, and central repository for community Pycom libraries

• I am new to to micropython, coming over from Arduino. I wanted to make the switch because I appreciate the awesome networking possibilities that Pycom has to offer. However in this transition I am feeling like there is a MASSIVE lack of support in making this transition when it comes to libraries for Pycom. Obviously, a central point of making things with micro controllers is interfacing them with the bazillions of peripheral components out there(sensors, IC's LCDs etc), and for that we needs drivers/libraries. While Pycom does a fantastic job of making network integration straightforward through documentation, they don't provide any official libraries for 3rd party components, and that's fine, I wouldn't expect them to (as I wouldn't with Arduino or any other company).
    Arduino and micropython solve this issue by levereging their communities who create and share libraries for nearly every component out there and that's fantastic (everyone wins). I wish there was more of a community like that here at Pycom, and I think its very easily attainable as follows:

1. Create a category in the forum dedicated for the community to post, discuss and share libraries they developed or converted over from Arduino/micropython/circuitpython.
    2. Develop a few tutorials that show the basic steps involved in converting libraries over from Arduino/micropython/circuithub, so that the process is more straightforward. The

Pycom libraries will quickly populate, everyone wins, people love Pycom, Pycom profits.

As an example, from my scattered research across the web, Micropython to Pycom is not such a difficult conversion and only requires some simple switching up of some I2C arguments, though I still don't know the routine.
    A few basic tutorials outlining the processes for library conversion with I2C, SPI, etc would really do the community well and significantly boost the functionality and popularity of Pycom devices. Soon enough the 3rd party public repo would be populated with all the libraries necessary to run all the components we desire.

I'm not sure why this isn't already being implemented. Is it because Pycom only wants to offer 100% officially working bullet proof libraries? Id rather have something to work with that I can improve upon than nothing at all, and I'm sure everyone here feels the same way. I also hate to say it, but it seems like Pycom is putting all their efforts into their new developments (Gopy/pybytes etc) and forgetting about supporting their foundational products. Please do something!

• @rcolistete Thanks for the links. Thats a great start, and already has helped me in the implementation of one of my components. As a noob to Pycom, it really has taken longer than it should have to acquaint myself with where to find information, drivers, tutorials, and examples for Pycom. For instance, the links you provided are very useful, but for a newcomer they are very much in the woodworks, and I still think everything is too scattered. Some consolidation would be greatly appreciated. Even a pinned getting started page with links would be a start.

Through comparing a few Pycom libraries that were adapted from Micropython libraries I have gotten the hang of how to convert over libraries. If there was a good centralized place to post Pycom libraries I would be happy to share my adaptations and the libraries I've created for some components that don't have libraries out there at all. A tutorial, for converting libraries would still be great, thanks @Paul-Thornton for your consideration.

• @troy-salt said in Need for converting Micropython/CircuitPython/Arduino libraries to Pycom tutorial, and central repository for community Pycom libraries:

Develop a few tutorials that show the basic steps involved in converting libraries over from Arduino/micropython/circuithub, so that the process is more straightforward. The

Added to the list of tutorials I need to put out. good suggestion.

• @troy-salt Do you know the MicroPython forum ? There is this section Drivers for External Components.

I agree that a web page could list all the drivers. There is this one, MicroPython Wiki, but it lacks a lot of MicroPython drivers that are scattered over Internet.

Maybe some volunteers to do this task : list all MicroPython drivers, libraries, etc, in one place. But also specifying the compatibility for each library (Pyboard, ESP8266, BBC Micro:bit, Pycom ESP32, etc).

Pycom on Twitter