RGB LED blink unexpected blinking colors

• Hello,

I have a simple code running on several FiPy boards that transmit location (obtained from PyTrack board) using lorawan socket.

I am using RGB LED for debugging in run-time (typical blink method). Everytime I blink the LED to know what state is the software, I pycom.heartbeat(False)
    blink the led using my colors (according to the status)
    pycom.heartbeat(False)

I am observing unexpected blinking colors beside heartbeat and the ones I blink for status debugging. For example, after reading the location from GPS or after sending, I blink on green or red. But after my blinking status signals, I can see two white blinks.

In this video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1krp9sUa2puT2msdifm8f0fhVRWWsQu12 (slow motion) you can see what I am talking about. You will see:

1. A blue blink (heartbeat)
    2. Two red blinks (my status debug)
    3. Two white blinks (unexpected)
    4. One red blink more (I think it belongs to my debugging signal)

I wonder if there is something else using the led for debugging. Maybe Python interpreter? Hardware? LoRa stack? If so, I would love to have a list of blink error codes.

With best regards

Sebastian

• Hello,

Thank you for your replies.

@robert-hh : my FiPy is connected to PyTrack. I have no idea if PyTrack use FiPy's P2.

@jcaron : I would love to know about those cases (failed boot and similar situations) where RGB LED blinks. Actually, my question is about what other situations make the RGB LED to blink.

• @Barillaro The RGB Led is connected to P2, and can therefor be driven by the Pycom device and by external signals connected to P2.

• @Barillaro can you share the relevant parts of your code? As far as I know, other than heartbeat, there’s no use of the LED other than in cases of failed boot and similar situations, I.e. not in normal run modes.

Pycom on Twitter