LTE() hangs on GPy

• I have two GPy modules; I've been testing with the first for some time but have just tried to load the same code onto the second GPy today and have been having problems doing so. When I first started working on the first module I recall having to update the firmware for some reason so I did that straight away but the first attempt generated an error. I don't recall what the error message was but I was able to successfully flash the firmware with the updater tool (specifying "stable" put 1.18.2.r7 on the module.)

I haven't been able to get LTE working... running "from network import LTE" in the REPL works but it hangs when I do "lte = LTE()". I haven't been able to get it to connect to the LTE modem but everything else seems OK. I switched back to the other working one and saw it was running 1.18.2 so I downloaded and flashed that version but it still hangs when trying to instantiate the LTE object.

Is there something else I need to do to get it to work? Is there something wrong with this module and updating/versions has just been a red herring? Thanks

Pycom on Twitter