Convert image to ASCII on raspberry pi

• Hi everyone,

I am senthamilselvan doing my master's in telecommunication from UNISA. In my project I'm trying to convert image into ASCII file but I'm not able to convert it.

I would appreciate your guidance, if any you have done this before.

Thanks in advance.
    regards
    senthamil

• @robert-hh thank you for your response. Actually, i intend to have text based ASCII from image. I also want to do this conversion in the pycom lopy 4 with very low resolution image file(Your opinion on whether lopy 4 can support). Meanwhile, I'm trying that in Raspi and I will seek your help.

Thank you in advance.
    regards
    senthamil

• @tam what kind of ASCII representation do you need? hex? base64? Does it have to be a single stream of must if have a text strcutire with line break? Simply sayingb ASCII is not enough.
    Since you mention RasPi with linux, you can use the command base64 to encode or decode any file to base64. Or you write a little Python script as exercise that converts a file to the requested output format using the methods provided by Python. Being in the education state of getting a master degree you should have the insight and skills to master this task yourself, with the advantage of getting better knowledge.

Pycom on Twitter