Unable to provision Sigfox

• Hello,

I have recently acquired a Fipy and a expansion board 3.0. I have finally managed to provision the device using IOS Pybytes app.

After that, my device has no Sigfox ID:

(sysname='FiPy', nodename='FiPy', release='1.20.2.rc6', version='v1.11-01f49f7 on 2020-02-28', machine='FiPy with ESP32', lorawan='1.0.2', sigfox='1.0.1', pybytes='1.3.1')
    sigfox id:
    b'ffffffff'
    sigfox pac:
    b'ffffffffffffffff'

I have tried to do the provision using Atom and I get the following message:

Wifi connection established... activating device!
    Unable to provision Sigfox! Please try again.
    Activation failed!

I there something I should do in order to activate Sigfox?

Thanks in advance

• @juse Same here! Guess the folks at Pycom corrected the issue with the device registration.

• @amkrup Now it is working for me.

• @juse I contacted PyCom today and had them escalate my ticket that I created last week. Will get back to you as soon as I have more info.

• @amkrup , any progress?

• @amkrup said in Unable to provision Sigfox:

Are you able to update the firmware using Pycom Update-tool?

No. It said that it couldn’t connect with the device or something like that. I had to do it manually or with Pybytes IOS app.

At least I’m not alone.

• I'm having the same issue and I have no clue what's going on.

Curious though what you get if you do the following:

1. Add the device in Pybytes via USB and only enable WiFi.
    2. Connect the device to Pymakr, connect to the WiFi you specified in step 1 and set pybytes_debug to 99 using following command:
    import pycom
    pycom.nvs_set('pybytes_debug', 99)

1. Then trying to do the provisioning over wifi according to the instructions under "Activate your device with Pymakr plugin" in the provisioning tab?

I keep getting a response saying:

/v2/register-sigfox returned response: registerSigfoxDevice is missing some arguments

Are you able to update the firmware using Pycom Update-tool?

Pycom on Twitter