Can I mount WiPy+Pysense in the MacOS Finder to upload files?

• I have the successfully updated to the latest firmware and have my WiPy+Pysense working with Atom, it as the address, /dev/tty.usbmodemPyb704431. I'm also using Atom to upload and download files from /flash.

I would like to mount the WiPy+Pysense in MacOS Finder. Or at least have shell access. It this possible?

• @jcaron said in Can I mount WiPy+Pysense in the MacOS Finder to upload files?:

@robert-hh FTP wouldn’t work over USB though, only over IP (WiFi), of course.

Of course ftp requires a WiFi connection. That's my regular use for file exchange with the devices, avoiding the regular pymakr trouble following Atom/VCS updates. But ftp and littlefs do not match. With ftp and littlefs there are regular crashes. The change to lfs_util.h suggested by @andreas in PR418 fixes these, and eventually Pycom will implement them, at least to that file.

• @robert-hh FTP wouldn’t work over USB though, only over IP (WiFi), of course.

One can use a correctly configured FileZilla to access the files over IP.

And it’s possible to use screen or any other communications program to access the REPL.

• @danielf No. Not with USB and not with ftp, for different reasons.
    The USB connection is limited to serial communication.
    Even if finder also works as ftp client, the ftp server of the WiPy (and the other boards) does not work together with finder. The reason: finder tries to open more than one session, and the xxPy ftp implementation supports just one session. If you know a way to limit the numer of sessions finder uses, then ftp should work. Besides that you can use an ftp client like FileZilla.

Pycom on Twitter