GPY with hologram SIM 2020

• Re: GPy with Hologram.io SIM

I am trying to use a hologram sim with a GPY and am having no luck. I followed everything I could find in the forums but no changes.

I have updated the firmware on the expansion board, GPY, and modem but still the same.

I just bought the GPY but it is a V1.0. Are there problems with this version connecting to the Verizon network in the US using the hologram SIM?

AT+CEREG? returns 2,0. My phone shows Verizon at full strength at my location and I can see the top of the cell tower from my test location.

I have the LTE antenna attached.

• I too have a hologram SIM with GPy w/ the default LTE antenna, and at a time earlier in the year I was able to make connections to Vzw networks automatically (after calling attach, and hologram's dashboard just indicated it)

i'm using modem version CATM1 41065 on "MicroPython v1.20.2.rc3-4-g4962aea3b-dirty"
    At the time of my post I see there is a 1.20.2.rc10 that might be worth a try for more stability... i'm uncertain what bugfixes may be present since then.

I haven't been able to get it to connect automatically anymore but did notice that if you run

send_at_cmd_pretty('AT!="showphy"')
            send_at_cmd_pretty('AT!="fsm"')

and the modem doesn't say it is off, you can list the available networks found using 'AT+COPS=?'

After which you can manually connect to the network with the command

setnetwork(network="331480", mode="2")

technically you could do it by an actual ascii network name but i did it by id as per
    https://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/atcops-plmn-selection/

At any

def send_at_cmd_pretty(cmd):
        response = lte.send_at_cmd(cmd).split('\r\n')
        for line in response:
            print(line)
    def getscannetworks():
        send_at_cmd_pretty('AT+COPS=?')
    def getattachednetwork():
        send_at_cmd_pretty('AT+COPS?')
    def getccid():
        send_at_cmd_pretty('AT+CCID')
    def getsig():
        send_at_cmd_pretty('AT+CSQ')
    def getCEREG():
        send_at_cmd_pretty('AT+CEREG?')
    def setnetwork(network="331480", mode="2"):
        # _,mode,network
        #0 automatic ( field is ignored)
        #1 manual ( field shall be present, and optionally)
        #2 deregister from network
        #3 set only (for read command +COPS?), do not attempt registration/deregistration ( and fields are ignored); this value is not applicable in read command response
        #4 manual/automatic ( field shall be present); if manual selection fails, automatic mode (=0) is entered
        #mode = 0 short alphanum, 1 long alphanum, 2 numeric
        send_at_cmd_pretty('AT+COPS=1,'+mode+',"'+network+'"')

Pycom on Twitter