Pycom Firmware Upgrade - Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out

• Good evening

Tryed to upgrade the firmware on a Lopy4 + 3.1 expansion board and it seems i was unable to no matter what i tryed.

Details:
    -Checked COM port, and the port selected is the correct one
    -Can connect to devices to upload/download code trough USB + IDE like Atom
    -Have the latest version of the upgrade tool
    -IDE is closed when tool is open

The error occurs when the tool tries to read information about the board with the following error:

3adb65ed-5a19-476d-bdad-fbe08c391d5b-image.png

i do note that from the moment i try to use the tool, the expansion board led indicator named "LED" is blinquing quickly.

When the error happens, if i imediatly close the tool and open the IDE to see the output of the device, it seems he is in a loop with this mensage:

39703fd5-7308-49e9-9f14-506272223265-image.png

only way to get the LoPy to come back to normal is to either unpower it or by pressing the reset button on board.

Any sugestions?

extra note: was able to use the tool on a complitely diferent lopy4 and board the day before, so drivers or windows bugs shoulnt be a problem

• @Gijs will try, i dont have much experience with the cli. Any positive results i will post here. Meanwhile any others tips are welcome

• Hi,
    I have not seen this issue before, but it seems the device is stuck in a boot loop as it could not find a bootloader at 0x1000. Now this can (probably) be fixed when using the command line interface: https://docs.pycom.io/advance/cli/ but Im not 100% sure

Pycom on Twitter