is WDT the same as when the reset button is pressed?

• is WDT the same as when the reset button is pressed?

I have problems with my Wipy.
    It connects to a W-Lan network and sometimes runs up to 14 days without problems. Because of some errors it will then hang. By pressing the reset button, it restarts and reconnects to the wi-fi network. Everything OK.

Now I have set up WDT, which works fine, but after restarting it does not connect to the wifi anymore.
    If I press the reset button it connects again.

Pycom MicroPython 1.18.3 [v1.8.6-849-e0915e1] on 2019-10-06

What could be the problem here?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• @robert-hh
    But it's funny that mainly the Fritzbox has the problem. Something must be different.

• @Wolli01 Not as far as I know. What I do is using an external watchdog, which pulls the reset line when it fires. That's the second best option one can do. Using the Pycom expansion board with the Pic's, they could go even one step further and go through the full power cycle of the pycom board, not only the ESP32. That would even fully reset devices like the SX1276 on a LoPy4.

• @robert-hh
    Is there a code that you put in the boot menu to clear the wi-fi area on restart?

• @robert-hh
    Is there any way to release this via program code? It is also only possible on certain routers. With my TP-Link it always works, also with WDT and a Fritzbox there is already the problem that it does not work.

• @Wolli01 No, it's not. Hard reset enforces the whole chip to an initial state by actually for the ESP32 doing a power cycle, while WDT reset is similar to machine.reset() and just restarts the whole firmware. So it is up to the software if the while state is re-established. Ideally, that is the case. Practically, it's not.
    There may be states or registers, which are cleared by an hardware reset, which either are not accessible by software or simply forgotten in the firmware.

Pycom on Twitter