New Beta Release v1.20.3.b3

• @peterp I did the git submodule updates & everything. Made a new clone of the micropython and esp-idf directories. No luck.

• Hello @peterp

Regarding:

• Micropython v1.13

• It's ULP implemented from original micropython? I want to do some tests or figure out ULP processor, since I'm waiting Pycom to support in the firmware.
    • LoRaWAN 1.0.3 (Class A& C)

• What are the improvements from version 1.0.2. I'm looking if DeviceTimeReq, DeviceTimeAns is implemented on Pycom.

Thanks in advance and good looking release!! ;)

• Global Moderator

it works for me. please do check the git submodule update --init --recursive

my test:

mkdir ~/build-check
    cd ~/build-check

git clone --recursive -b idf_v4.1 https://github.com/pycom/pycom-esp-idf.git
    cd pycom-esp-idf
    git checkout d647204 && git submodule sync && git submodule update --init --recursive
    cd ..

git clone --recursive -b master_idf_v4.1 https://github.com/pycom/pycom-micropython-sigfox.git
    export IDF_PATH=~/build-check/pycom-esp-idf/
    cd pycom-micropython-sigfox/
    cd mpy-cross
    make
    cd ..

cd esp32
    xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc --version
    xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc (crosstool-NG esp-2020r3) 8.4.0
    make BOARD=LOPY4

CC build/LOPY4/release/pins.c
    AR build/LOPY4/release/application.a
    CPP build/LOPY4/release/esp32_out.ld
    LINK build/LOPY4/release/application.elf
    xtensa-esp32-elf-size build/LOPY4/release/application.elf
       text	   data	    bss	    dec	    hex	filename
    1727558	 283960	  87726	2099244	 20082c	build/LOPY4/release/application.elf
    Building partitions from lib/partitions_4MB.csv...
    Building partitions from lib/partitions_8MB_small_factory_fw.csv...
    IMAGE build/LOPY4/release/lopy4.bin
    esptool.py v2.9-dev

• @peterp Git status in the source directory:

Auf Branch master_idf_v4.1
    Ihr Branch ist auf demselben Stand wie 'upstream/master_idf_v4.1'.

git status in pycom-esp-idf:

HEAD losgelöst bei d647204d1

I did not make a new close, but checked out in the existing directories. I can clone new copies.
    I just call make, which calls a GNUmakefile first, which sets LoPy4 as default device and sets PATH and IDF_PATH.

• Global Moderator

@robert-hh

git status ; git submodule update --init --recursive
    in both folders please - that is, assuming you did get the code via git clone, yes?!

what make command you use to build? I can try a new clone ... but that's what Jenkins did anyway, well, I'm trying ...

• @peterp There is a toolchain and idf version check in Makefile. They pass. And if you look at the short excerpt, you see xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc8_4_0-esp-2020r3-linux-amd64.

• Global Moderator

@robert-hh said in New Beta Release v1.20.3.b3:

@peterp Thanks for mentioning. Building failed. Compile works to far, but linking faild. Below are the first error messages of many:

Mhm, Correct toolchain?
    xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc --version

Correct idf version?
    cd $IDF_PATH ; git rev-parse --short HEAD

• @peterp Thanks for mentioning. Building failed. Compile works to far, but linking faild. Below are the first error messages of many:

gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: /home/robert/Downloads/MicroPython/pycom-esp-idf/components/esp32/lib/libnet80211.a(ieee80211_api.o): in function `esp_wifi_deinit':
    (.text.esp_wifi_deinit+0x60): multiple definition of `esp_wifi_deinit'; lib/libesp_wifi.a(wifi_init.o):/home/gezahusi/Work/Repositories/pycom-esp-idf/components/esp_wifi/src/wifi_init.c:111: first defined here
    /home/robert/Downloads/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc8_4_0-esp-2020r3-linux-amd64/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: /home/robert/Downloads/MicroPython/pycom-esp-idf/components/esp32/lib/libsmartconfig.a(sc_sniffer.o): in function `esp_smartconfig_stop':
    (.text.esp_smartconfig_stop+0x0): multiple definition of `esp_smartconfig_stop'; lib/libesp_wifi.a(smartconfig.o):/home/gezahusi/Work/Repositories/pycom-esp-idf/components/esp_wifi/src/smartconfig.c:68: first defined here
    /home/robert/Downloads/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc8_4_0-esp-2020r3-linux-amd64/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: /home/robert/Downloads/MicroPython/pycom-esp-idf/components/esp32/lib/libsmartconfig.a(sc_sniffer.o): in function `esp_smartconfig_start':
    (.text.esp_smartconfig_start+0x0): multiple definition of `esp_smartconfig_start'; lib/libesp_wifi.a(smartconfig.o):/home/gezahusi/Work/Repositories/pycom-esp-idf/components/esp_wifi/src/smartconfig.c:51: first defined here
    /home/robert/Downloads/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc8_4_0-esp-2020r3-linux-amd64/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: lib/libbt.a(bt.o):(.literal.btdm_check_and_init_bb+0x4): undefined reference to `btdm_rf_bb_init_phase2'
    /home/robert/Downloads/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc8_4_0-esp-2020r3-linux-amd64/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: lib/libbt.a(bt.o):(.literal.btdm_sleep_exit_phase3_wrapper+0x0): undefined reference to `btdm_controller_get_sleep_mode'
    /home/robert/Downloads/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc8_4_0-esp-2020r3-linux-amd64/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: lib/libbt.a(bt.o):(.literal.coex_bt_wakeup_request+0x0): undefined reference to `btdm_power_state_active'
    /home/robert/Downloads/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc8_4_0-esp-2020r3-linux-amd64/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: lib/libbt.a(bt.o):(.literal.coex_bt_wakeup_request+0x4): undefined reference to `btdm_wakeup_request'
    /home/robert/Downloads/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc8_4_0-esp-2020r3-linux-amd64/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: lib/libbt.a(bt.o):(.literal.esp_vhci_host_send_packet+0x0): undefined reference to `btdm_wakeup_request_end'

Pycom on Twitter