Is there DevKit (BSP) for #FiPy to develop in C or Cpp ?

• Hi
    I have an existing codebase for IoT app that works fine (written in C). It would be easier for me (and could be more power efficient) if I migrate to new platform than if I rewrite my app in uPython.
    Is there such possibility ? For example BSP for some RTOS, some howto for compiler chain, flashing tutorial ?
    Thank you,
    Igor

• @jmarcelino Thank you for your fast and precise answer! Looking forward to get one of your boards to play with - C or not C :).

• @igorkooo

Since the Pycom boards are ESP32 based you can use the Espressif IoT Developement Framework (esp-idf) directly - this includes FreeRTOS framework, compiler chain and all the tools you need.

See http://esp-idf.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ for documentation

However outside of μPython there's no existing code or stack to support the various communication modules (LoRa chip, Sigfox, LTE..). The ESP-IDF only comes with support for the core chip with WiFi and Bluetooth.

For the communication modules you'd have to port the code from the open source pycom-micropython repo (with limitations, for example the Sigfox stack is not available due to NDA restrictions - also pay attention to the GPL3 license) or port it from the original source repos (Stackforce for LoRa etc)

Pycom on Twitter