No transmitted data between two Lopy's in LoRa mode

• Hi everybody,

After a while without using the LoRa module, I had to reuse it again yesterday. However, it strangely did not work even when I used the simple examples in the Pycom's documentation. Everything goes as if there is no data flowing through the LoPy's. You will find an illustration of the problem below.

0_1489313207737_Pblm.jpg

Would anyone have an idea of what is going on ?

Thank you and have a nice day.

• @assia Yes, I believe this fix came in 1.8.7 - so please update your firmware and give this another try!

If in doubt and you run into an issue, it's always a good idea to check for a firmware update. Our board's are mature now but occasionally bugs are found and we aim to get them fixed asap!

Cheers!

• @bucknall version='v1.8.6-493-g99ac80fe on 2017-03-03'

• @assia what version of the Firmware is your device running? You can find this out by typing:

import os
    os.uname()

Cheers!

• Hi @bucknall i have updute it in 23 mars. the bug has fixed after this date ?
    Thanks

• Hi @assia,

Please try updating the Firmware on your device using the firmware update tool (https://www.pycom.io/resources/) and then try your code again, please!

There was a bug in a previous release, this should have been fixed now!

Thanks!

• Hi everybody
    I have the same problem; the communication in LoRa mode does not work between my two lopy, when I try the basic example of "hello world" and yet it works well before. This problem appears after the software upgrade. I tried the proposed solutions but it did not work
    Have you another idea about the problem ?@Bachi

• Hi @bucknall and @Bachi

First of all, thank you for your quick answers!
    It still does not work with your hints, but it helps me to figure out the problem! Indeed, one of my LoPy's works in the 915MHz band and the other one in the 868MHz band. I remember that for one of them, I upgraded the firmware by selecting the wrong country (Bolivia instead of Belgium). I did not think that there could be such consequences. Unfortunately, I cannot choose the country when upgrading anymore. Have you any idea about the problem here?

Have a nice evening.

• Hi @Adil-L and @Bachi - we've seen that there's been a change to the LoRa class since the examples were posted to the docs - I'll be making the updates to the examples asap and they'll be pushed shortly after.

Apologies for the confusion here! We're pushing to stay on top of the documentation to keep it up to date with the docs!

Thanks for your patience

• Yep, we've tried two days ago and found out the same: The "hello world" examples do not work. Here's what works:
    Inialize lora using these lines:

lora = LoRa(mode=LoRa.LORA, frequency=863000000, power_mode=LoRa.ALWAYS_ON, tx_power=14, bandwidth=LoRa.BW_125KHZ, sf=12, preamble=8, coding_rate=LoRa.CODING_4_8, tx_iq=False, rx_iq=False)
    lora.init(mode=LoRa.LORA, frequency=863000000, power_mode=LoRa.ALWAYS_ON, tx_power=14, bandwidth=LoRa.BW_125KHZ, sf=12, preamble=8, coding_rate=LoRa.CODING_4_8, tx_iq=False, rx_iq=False)

(not sure if the second init call is really needed, but it was suggested somewhere and works)

I really hope the LoPy guys will soon enhance and update the docs..

Pycom on Twitter