[Resolved] Can't connect to lopy-wlan-xxx

• Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to my LoPy via WLAN (USB and PyMakr work fine) using my Thinkpad laptop with Linux as OS. I can see the WLAN and a seemingly authenticate but I can't connect. I never saw something similar using other WiFi devices and as I'm writing this, I am connected via WiFi to Internet.

Is there a way to debug this while being connected with USB?

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

Taki

Log excerpt:
    NetworkManager[1093]: <info> (wlp3s0): supplicant interface state: associating -> associated
    NetworkManager[1093]: <warn> Activation (wlp3s0/wireless): association took too long.
    NetworkManager[1093]: <info> (wlp3s0): device state change: config -> need-auth (reason 'none') [50 60 0]
    NetworkManager[1093]: <warn> Activation (wlp3s0/wireless): asking for new secrets
    kernel: wlp3s0: deauthenticating from 24:0a:c4:00:93:2d by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)
    NetworkManager[1093]: <warn> Connection disconnected (reason -3)
    NetworkManager[1093]: <info> (wlp3s0): supplicant interface state: associated -> disconnected
    NetworkManager[1093]: <warn> Couldn't disconnect supplicant interface: This interface is not connected.

[UPDATE]: I could connect with my smartphone, the LoPy couldn't be faulty. After spending some hours viewing logs and not finding anything useful, I thought to plug in an rtl8192 based WiFi stick and see what happens. This one worked as expected and I could connect without any issues. I still can't see any reason why the integrated Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 doesn't work, though.

• @bartvrancken you are right, the information delivered by Pymakr isn't enlighting, as it does only say "join" and "leave".

• If you connect with PyMakr then the console will show you everything the LoPy does, e.g. WiFi connects ... however i dont think there is a lot of logging there showing issues.

Pycom on Twitter