wipy2.0 and Pushover-does it work?

• Hi everybody,
    I have to do a project for the municipal water supply to monitor a pumpstation.In case of an error(scanning a few digital inputs) I need to send a push notification.I want to use wipy2.0 in the Pumpstation and connect it to a wlan network of a nearby house.
    It is important that the wipy2.0 runs stable and does not crash and that I can connect directly to pushover.
    Is the wipy2.0 the right platform for this?

• @overlander said in wipy2.0 and Pushover-does it work?:

@bmarkus For my project I only need 5 GPIO's as input and a stable wlan connection as station.The powersuppla comes from the powergrid.
    Have you experience with long and stable wlan uptime on Pycom boards?
    Thanks

Unfortunately no long term experience with WiFi, I'm mainly using LoRa.

• @bmarkus For my project I only need 5 GPIO's as input and a stable wlan connection as station.The powersuppla comes from the powergrid.
    Have you experience with long and stable wlan uptime on Pycom boards?
    Thanks

• @overlander said in wipy2.0 and Pushover-does it work?:

@bmarkus Is the wipy2.0 so sensitive to the quality of the power supply or why do you ask?

Just to clarify whether you want a low power, long battery life device or not. In my personal opinion WiPy 2.0 / LoPy as it is now is not usable for battery operation at all due to lack of real deep sleep modes.It is not a matured product for production use for a commercial product. Espressif SDK do not support many hw features, Pycom do not support features which would be needed and not depend on Espressif SDK and there are too often fw changes.

I really like my LoPy and hope it will grow up, but at the moment it isn't.

• @bmarkus Is the wipy2.0 so sensitive to the quality of the power supply or why do you ask?

• Hi,it will be powered from an industrial power supply 5V/2A +-5% that is connected to the public powergrid.In parallel i use a Lipo Batterie 6600mAh from adafruit.
    From this side it should be perfect!

• Is your device a low power consumption batter operated or powered from an external source like wall outlet?

Pycom on Twitter