VSCode and Pymakr Broken?

• Hello,
    I have having an issue with pymakr on visual studio code.
    I have been using this and it has been working. When I opened my project tonight, pymakr was not active anymore. I don't get the terminal which you can connect to your devices, key mappings are gone. When I enter a key mapping I get a warning command 'pymakr.connect'(or another command) not found I have uninstalled pymakr and reinstalled but I don't get anything. Generally it is present when I open up visual studio code, it is installed.
    I also did an install on another computer and the same thing is happening.
    How do I enable pymakr or at least reset it to get it working again?

Thanks,

• We've just uploaded a new version (0.1.6) that works on windows x64. Try it out and let me know if your problem is fixed.

• @melisa No sorry, that's on my planning for later today!

• @ralph is this fixed for VS Code x64 too?

• @ledbelly2142 This issue has finally been fixed today. The problem was that Atom stopped supporting package names with uppercase. It's been changed to lowercase now in Pymakr pymakr version 1.2.5. Unfortunately, you will lose the global package settings as a result of this.

• @ledbelly2142 Ok, thanks for the feedback. In this github issue the same thing is going on. I'll look in to it tomorrow and will let you know.

• @ralph I have Atom 1.23.0 x64. I tried to install the Pymakr package 1.2.3 and it failed with this error:

fs.js:640
      return binding.open(pathModule._makeLong(path), stringToFlags(flags), mode);
                     ^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\****\.atom\packages\Pymakr\package.json'
        at Error (native)
        at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:640:18)
        at Proxy.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:508:33)
        at Proxy.fs.readFileSync (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.0\resources\app\apm\node_modules\asar-require\lib\require.js:86:27)
        at C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.0\resources\app\apm\lib\install.js:476:42
        at fn (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.0\resources\app\apm\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:582:34)
        at Immediate.<anonymous> (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.0\resources\app\apm\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:498:34)
        at runCallback (timers.js:649:20)
        at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:622:5)
        at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:594:5)

There was an update to Atom, updated to 1.23.1 x64, so I updated and attempted to install the Pymakr package and received this error:

^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\****\.atom\packages\Pymakr\package.json'
        at Error (native)
        at Proxy.fs.readFileSync (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.1\resources\app\apm\node_modules\asar-require\lib\require.js:86:27)
        at C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.1\resources\app\apm\lib\install.js:476:42
        at fn (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.1\resources\app\apm\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:582:34)
        at Immediate.<anonymous> (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.1\resources\app\apm\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:498:34)

• @melisa I was testing it today with the help of @robd, but it didn't work yet. Hopefully tomorrow I'll find a solution.

As a workaround you can install the x32 bit version of VSCode, there it will work. Atom is also available as an alternative.

• @ralph Any idea on when this will be fixed? I'm on the latest version of VS Code, I'm on Windows 10. Is there a way to roll back pymakr to a previous version?

• @ledbelly2142 For the atom issue, try updating to pymakr v1.2.3 (it's been released just now). let me know if it solves your issue with the Atom plugin!

• @ledbelly2142 Thanks for the bugreport, sorry to hear your workflow was interrupted. I'll see if I can reproduce the error on Atom. You are using Atom 1.23.0 on windows 64, correct?

• @robd Thanks for the quick work around. Loaded 32 bit version and works fine.

• Both my Atom with Pymakr and VS Code with Pymakr are still broken. Really frustrated, serious workflow interrupted. Bad timing I guess.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both (64 bit versions). Is not working.

Error on Atom version Pymakr on attempted package install:

Installing “Pymakr@1.2.2” failed.Hide output…
                     ^

at Error (native)
        at Proxy.fs.readFileSync (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.0\resources\app\apm\node_modules\asar-require\lib\require.js:86:27)
        at C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.0\resources\app\apm\lib\install.js:476:42
        at fn (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.0\resources\app\apm\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:582:34)
        at Immediate.<anonymous> (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.23.0\resources\app\apm\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:498:34)

Looks similar to an error that happened before with one of the updates for Atom.

• @robd thanks for the effort and info! I'll do some tests on my windows 64 machine at home tonight to see if I can find a problem with it. Likely it's a problem with the precompiled serialport library, which is the only part of the plugin that differs between the x32 and x64 install. I'll let you know when I find the solution.

• @ralph I just uninstalled VSCode x64 and installed a x32 and Pymakr is working now.
    As for the x64 it was the latest since I uninstalled and then installed it so it would have been 1.18.1 on windows 10. The x32 is also version 1.18.1. Pymakr is version 0.1.5.

• Hi @robd, We've uploaded an update of Pymakr yesterday, maybe something went wrong with that. First of all make sure you have a reasonably new version of VSCode (1.16 or higher). Can you tell me which version of VSCode you have and what OS you are on?

Pycom on Twitter