Is the firmware update still needed?

• I followed the getting started guide and connected to the wifi, started Pymakr - it doesn't seem to do anything. I went into preferences and can connect to the device.

thanks

• @peter That is correct. At the moment, Pymakr detects when your device is not up to date with the latest version (only when connected to the internet), then redirects you to download the update manually. We are currently working on integrating the full update feature inside Pymark as well, so expect this in one of te next updates.

• I can confirm that using PyMakr 1.0.0.b5-1 to update the firmware does not work. At least with the batch of four LoPys I've got.

The standalone updater however does work.

• Hi @typemismatch, Thanks for the feedback, nice that you got it working! We'll be working on improving the documentation and I'll add your suggestion to the list.

• I got it working, the documentation really needs work - the getting started should point you to the Pycom updater and not Pymakr. Once I did that I was able to get the newer firmware which fixed wifi issues. Pymakr itself is another issue, I'll report those issues separately.

Pycom on Twitter