Help needed signing the Contributor License Agreement

• Hi,

I'm trying to sign the Contributor License Agreement as I would like to offer some small pull requests for this project.
    I go through the URL (https://www.clahub.com/agreements/pycom/pycom-micropython) at the top of the CONTRIBUTING.md document -- that bit is ok. But after filling in everything and trying to submit I get:

We're sorry, but something went wrong. (in red at the top of the screen)

All the fields had been validated to get off the first screen, but after that I get this informative message.

Is there a different process to go through (the documentation at various points says to sign and scan, but the CONTRIBUTING.md document points to this electronic method). Also the licenses on the repo are a bit confusing -- MIT or GPL3, etc.

I'm happy for my contributions, if they are desired and accepted, to be under either license. But currently I am blocked :(

Thanks for your help,
    Brian

• Thanks @alejandro !

I see that the Contributor link was fixed -- now I understand why I was using the CLA in the wrong repository.

I've redone my pull request after signing the CLA.

Best Regards,
    Brian

• Hi @bed, first of all excuse me for the log time we took to achieve that topic.

the repository pycom-micropython that you are trying to use it's not avaliable anymore, we have migrated it into a new public one, please you can offer us your pull requests there.

Here you have the link.
    https://github.com/pycom/pycom-micropython-sigfox

let me know please if everything is going well for you.

Thanks a lot.

Alejandro.

• @administrators - I haven't been able to raise @Bettina by email, so could someone else help me?

Thanks,
    Brian

• administrators

@bed Hi Brian, Apologies, I completely missed this. I'm more than happy to try and help resolve the issues on the Contributor License Agreement...do you want to get in touch directly to bettina@pycom.io?

• Hi @jmarcelino and @Bettina

I see that 1.18.0 was released, and that it still has the bug w.r.t. adding channels in AU915 from channels 64-72 (where they need a DR min that is > 0). I checked upstream (to the Semtech stack) but this code is strictly in PyCom, so I checked if I could sign the CLA (in anticipation of rebasing my pull request), but got exactly the same error that was referred to in this thread (http error 500)

I really hate for a simple error like this to go unpatched -- can someone (@Bettina ?) see if the CLA or another method of signing the CLA can be arranged????

(BTW - @jmarcelino -- good luck on your new circustances)

Best Regards,
    Brian

• @jmarcelino @bettina - happy to talk about getting a CLA to you at your convenience.

Cheers,
    Brian

• Thanks @robert-hh
    I wasn't only referring to your comment, but also that she may be able to suggest an alternative way to complete the CLA.

• @jmarcelino I did/do not really expect a feedback, not to speak about a change.

• Thanks for the feedback. Obviously I can’t comment on legal matters for Pycom but I’ll leave it with @Bettina to do so

• @jmarcelino That CLA is rubbish anyhow, bacuse almost no one can sign that seriously. You can never be aware of all dependencies and right claims. Especially chapters 3, 4 and 5 cannot seriously be confirmed. Not to speak about the sitauation, that the typical contributor here is not comfortable with the legal speak of that CLA, where words and sentences like in any formal language may have a different meaning that inb the common language. And not to speak about the fact, that many contributors are not even Enlish (or American) native speakers.

• Hi @jmarcelino ,

Was using Firefox, just tried Chromium too -- same 500 error.

No worries -- as I can build with my changes for my testing it isn't slowing me down. Just wanted to push up if possible.

Cheers,
    Brian

• @bed
    I’m afraid I/we don’t have any control or visibility over the clahub side of things. Have you tried a different browser?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• @jmarcelino

Added a GPG key -- didn't make any difference. Don't know what to try now.

I better get back to work :)

• Hi @jmarcelino

I've tried removing the 2 OAUTHs for clahub, then triggered adding them back in (though don't know why the general one is needed, as just the limited, signature one should be all that's needed for signing) - all returned the same 500 error. Revoked the general and tried again -- same error.

I'll try adding a GPG key now.

• Hi, @jmarcelino

Thanks for looking into this. I tried again as you said, and had the same problem. I'll try a couple of variations, but currently I get the same issue I saw previously (html at the bottom).

It seems to be an internal server error - 500:
    500 Internal Server Error
    A generic error message, given when an unexpected condition was encountered and no more specific message is suitable

I've taken screenshots of what I put in the page, which I can send to you if that helps.

Regards,
    Brian

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
      <title>We're sorry, but something went wrong (500)</title>
      <style type="text/css">
        body { background-color: #fff; color: #666; text-align: center; font-family: arial, sans-serif; }
        div.dialog {
          width: 25em;
          padding: 0 4em;
          margin: 4em auto 0 auto;
          border: 1px solid #ccc;
          border-right-color: #999;
          border-bottom-color: #999;
        }
        h1 { font-size: 100%; color: #f00; line-height: 1.5em; }
      </style>
    </head>

<body>
      <!-- This file lives in public/500.html -->
      <div class="dialog">
        <h1>We're sorry, but something went wrong.</h1>
      </div>
    </body>
    </html>

• Hi @bed

Thank you for offering to contribute to the project.

The CLA link should work, I've just tried it. Just proceed with your Github account, gave permission to your share Github public data with CLAhub and that should be all.

Can you maybe try again please? Sorry for the inconvenience

Pycom on Twitter