Roadmap features

• Hi

As mentioned before I think it is important that you try and sketch out a roadmap for future releases. This is at least important for everybody with a commercial perspective.

Features/wishes I would like to know when/if are scheduled:

• Light sleep
    • RTC memory access
    • NB-IOT suport for Huawei base station (have Sequance given an updated estimate for this?)
    • Progress on use with Telenor and Telia networks

• @jardar I don't work for PyCom, so I don't know what they have planned for the future.
    For sure it would be of interest to have an idea of what they are going to implement (or not going to implement) in the next future.

• Hi Marco

It is very good that you have made a separate release cycle for development releses. This i much appreciated and nice to see that light sleep will be part of this.

However the question still remains on a feature roadmap. Do you plan to make one? If not what are the reasons you are not doing this?

• @jardar - light sleep

Light sleep is implemented in the new development firmware release version 1.19.0.b1.
    thread link

Micropython is 1.9.4 instead of 1.8.6.

For internal flash file system is used LittleFS instead of FatFS.
    So less prone to filesystem corruption in power is cutoff.

• I am not sure why you seem to dodge any request regarding roadmap. In my mind this would be very usefull internally and externally. The roadmap does not need to be set in stone, but it is really important that there is some kind of estimation on features. If not how can we as a developer commit to using the pycom devices if we do not know if or when features will be implemented?

So please try and make some sort of roadmap.

Pycom on Twitter