Pymakr in Docker

• For anyone having issues with the pymakr prerequisites, a Docker container appears to be helpful. My Dockerfile is appended, although I only have it working for "locally attached" devices. The pymakr deb you want to use should be in the debdir/ subdirectory. I'm still trying to figure out forwarding that will let the Docker-based pymakr reach a remotely connected LoPy. SSH SOCKS forwarding works for remotely network connected devices given pymakr running directly and not in a container, but forwarding from within a container is more complicated.

(Ok, it appears "file upload" doesn't work. Just pasting, so no idea how it'll be formatted.)

FROM debian:jessie
    RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y pyqt4-dev-tools python-qscintilla2 git sudo python-qt4-sql firefox-esr python-pygments python-chardet python-serial
    COPY debdir /debdir
    RUN sh -c 'dpkg -i /debdir/*.deb'

Apparently, the uid and gid must match the running user... Have not tested.

RUN export uid=1000 gid=1000 &&
    mkdir -p /home/developer &&
    echo "developer:x:${uid}:${gid}:Developer,,,:/home/developer:/bin/bash" >> /etc/passwd &&
    echo "developer:x:${uid}:" >> /etc/group &&
    echo "developer ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" > /etc/sudoers.d/developer &&
    chmod 0440 /etc/sudoers.d/developer &&
    chown ${uid}:${gid} -R /home/developer

USER developer
    ENV HOME /home/developer

#RUN cd /home/developer && git clone https://github.com/pycom/Pymakr && cd Pymakr && sudo python install.py -- nope, see their kitchen repo
    CMD /usr/bin/pymakr

Assuming the container is named pymakr, use the following to run:

docker run -ti --rm -e DISPLAY -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix -v $HOME/.Xauthority:/home/developer/.Xauthority --net=host --pid=host --ipc=host pymakr

Add --device=/dev/ttyUSB0 for the serial port when already connected

• Ok, some of the bolded lines are prefixed by # for comments. ugh.

And I have to wait three minutes because I'm a new user. Goodie.

Pycom on Twitter