How can I send MAC Commands and receive the MAC answer?

• it is currently possible to send LoRa WAN Mac Commands with the Lopy?
    I would like to use that to send a DeviceTimeReq to the gateway.
    Unfortunately, I found no example.

I have checked the LoRaWan version of my device. 1.02
    When will the update to version 1.03 of Lora WAN come, which fulfills the LoRaWAN™ Specification v1.1?

Best regards!

• @goldfishalpha LinkADRReq is only send by a lorawan base station/gateway . Pycom device as only a device stack not a gateway one.
    So a pycom device can only process received LinkADRReq if you have the correct setting in lora constructor
    from documentation, set adr to true and the gateway will send you Linkadrreq IF needed by link quality transmission

lora.init(mode, * ,region=LoRa.EU868, frequency=868000000, tx_power=14, bandwidth=LoRa.BW_125KHZ, sf=7, preamble=8, coding_rate=LoRa.CODING_4_5, power_mode=LoRa.ALWAYS_ON, tx_iq=False, rx_iq=False, adr=True, public=True, tx_retries=1, device_class=LoRa.CLASS_A)

• I am also interested but would be satisfied with the earlier LoRaWAN list item Specification v1.0.1, in particular for the LinkADRReq request.
    Any examples or indication whether this is possible or not would be very much appreciated.

• @martijnthe I'm also interested

• @cp-boettch said in How can I send MAC Commands and receive the MAC answer?:

When will the update to version 1.03 of Lora WAN come, which fulfills the LoRaWAN™ Specification v1.1?

Are you referring to the LoRa Alliance LoRaWAN Specfication 1.0.3 or something else?

• I doubt this is possible. The LoRa stack that’s included is quite old and doesn’t support DeviceTimeReq.

I’m interested in this feature as well.

Any interest from others?

The best would probably be to upgrade to the latest version of the stack’s sources.

Pycom on Twitter