Pytrack V1.0 upgrade?

• Hello. Here is a new member in this forum. My question has to do with the pytrack firmware upgrade. Despite its recent purchase, the version is 1.0 (at least this is shown at the back of the PCB). Unless I am mistaken , all the upgrade how-to documents refer to V3. How do I upgrade this board? I need both required files and procedure, if possible. Here is a hint of the problem: On my code lines:
    ------ code snippet----------------
    from pytrack import Pytrack
    py=Pytrack()
    s=py.read_fw_version()
    ---- end of code -------------------

I get this error:
    File "<stdin>", line 7, in <module>
    File "/flash/lib/pytrack.py", line 8, in init
    File "/flash/lib/pycoproc.py", line 108, in init
    ValueError: Firmware out of date

Thanks in advance

• @paul-thornton Thanks to both, the upgrade went flawless, and it seems to be much easier doing it from within linux. It gave me a scare though, in that not only I could not make my (VC) pymakr to connect to it, but it crashed the computer a few times. That, until I deleted the directory .vscode from the working folder. Next I have to look into the Lopy4 upgrade (current code 1.18.2 r1)

• @nicholas Remove it. :)

• @jcaron Thank you. This is what I suspected, I wanted to make sure, though, as I did not want to brick my board! I will give it a try. BTW, I have a Lopy4 already connected to it. Do I need to remove it for the upgrade, or it does not matter? Thanks, again

• @nicholas I believe references to V3 are for the expansion board, not the Pytrack. The procedure should be similar for both, though.

Pycom on Twitter