No PyCom board found on USB

• Hello. I am new to all of this. I have followed instructions on how to install the driver and I have the device in my Device Manager (on Win7) listed under Ports as Expansion3 (COM4).

When I try to connect to my board (pymakr in VSC), Autoconnect reports: "No PyCom board found on USB" yet when I run List Serial Ports I get:
    Found 2 serialports
    COM1 ((Standard port types)) (copied to clipboard)
    COM4 (Pycom Ltd)

I have entered COM4 into address setting of pymakr.json, both global and project settings, but when I run Connect command, absolutely nothing happens. Not even a character of output in the Terminal.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong? Or what issues could be causing me this problem? Are there any additional steps I should make or any additional info I should provide?

If I use PuTTY I can see that the thing is working as I get expected outputs.

UPDATE:
    I have found the solution. I installed Atom and wanted to try there, but as soon as I entered settings I saw there was a comprehensive explanation for each setting, which says for Autoconnect: "Ignores any 'device address' setting and automatically connects to the top item in the serialport list"
    I have no idea how I should have known that as Connect command seemingly doesn't work if autoconnect is on. By Setting autoconnect to false, I was immediately able to connect in VSC and now everything seems to be fine.

• @idlab said in No PyCom board found on USB:

@crumble I have tried that first. It's hard to know what to search for if you don't know what the problem is.

I am using Atom, so I cannot remember the solution or the title f the thread.

• @crumble I have tried that first. It's hard to know what to search for if you don't know what the problem is.

• @idlab

please browse the forum. There exist a problem with the latest VisualStudio and the plugin.

• @sarthak04 NodeJS is installed. Unless there is a specific version I need, this shouldn't be a problem.

• Hey! Make sure you have NodeJS installed in your system too.

Pycom on Twitter