valid values for lte = LTE(carrier="xxx")?

• I'm in Germany and have a hologram card. It should be supporting 'vodafone' & 'telekom' here..
    The first doesn't work (not attaching but this may be a different problem). The second gives me wrong carrier.

So what are the valid carriers?

• Hi @rskoniec @robert-hh, I would like to know if is possible to fix it or maybe if there is something wrong, because when I want to determine the proper carrier on my Fipy, I did not get any response, the list is empty.
    The firmware version is LR5.1.1.0-47510 and it is in application mode. Thank you in advance.

>>> from network import LTE
    >>> lte=LTE()
    >>> lte.send_at_cmd("AT+SQNCTM=?")
    ''
    >>> 

• Thanks all! Question answered.

• @rskoniec Actually the carrier is checked by the code against the list of carriers returned by the AT+SQNCTM=? command (see below).
    Edit: I tested that with carrier="dtag". No difference to not specifying the carrier at all.

• @poesel said in valid values for lte = LTE(carrier="xxx")?:

[...] When I create the LTE object how can I get a 'wrong carrier' fault if I'm not yet connected to a network? [...]

According to the docs:

lte.init(*, carrier=None)

This method is used to set up the LTE subsystem. After a deinit() this method can take several seconds to return waiting for the LTE modem to start-up. Optionally specify a carrier name. The available options are: verizon, at&t, standard. standard is generic for any carrier, and it’s also the option used when no arguments are given.

• @poesel To determine the proper carrier, the firmware issues the following command to the modem:
    AT+SQNCTM=?
    You can do so too. As a side note, I do not specify the carrier at all. When I issue the command, I get the following list:

>>> from network import LTE
    >>> lte=LTE()
    >>> lte.send_at_cmd("AT+SQNCTM=?")
    '\r\n+SQNCTM: ("3gpp-conformance", "ais", "aptg", "att", "bell", "cht", "cta", "dialog", "dish", "docomo", "dtag", "etisalat", "kddi", "kpn", "kt", "lgu", "orange", "singtel", "skt", "softbank", "spark", "standard", "swisscom", "telenor", "telstra", "tmo", "truphone", "turkcell", "verizon", "vodafone")\r\n\r\nOK\r\n'
    >>> 

This looks like the list for supported carriers. So there is vodafone and dtag (Deutsche Telekom AG) in the list.

• Thanks for the answer but now I'm confused. When I create the LTE object how can I get a 'wrong carrier' fault if I'm not yet connected to a network?
    This is why I thought that there is a list of valid carriers in the firmware.

• @poesel Do you know if / which technology (NB1/M1) each of your local carrier is using? I assume that you are aware of the fact that you must also have appropriate modem f/w version (NB1/M1) installed on your FiPy/GPy.

• administrators

Hi Poesel,
    You should be asking Hologram please. While we're happy to support on our products, we don't have anything to do with how their service is configured on the SIM cards/their backend. However, we suspect could be because there's no agreements on NB-IoT between them and Vodafone. NB-IoT works differently to CAT-M1. As a Vodafone reseller ourselves, we have had to do a fair amount of integration work. SIMs will be available soon.
    Best wishes
    Bettina

• Hello @administrators - this is a quite direct question that should be answerable easy enough if you look in the source code.
    Sorry if its in the documentation. Then I have missed it and would be happy about pointers.

Thanks

Pycom on Twitter