Sales / Purchase support contact number for Pycom

• @administrators What is the support contact number for Pycom UK office ? The number shown on the website does not seem to be working for me from the Netherlands. I want to cancel an order and unable to do so without this.

• I have a really serious issue with Atom and PyMakr. I've been posting the bug reports to the PyMakr and Atom Github forum. I've updated my Atom to 1.40.1 on Mac OSX, running version 10.13.6.

I'm using PyMakr 1.4.16. But I'm getting...

Uncaught Error: Could not locate the bindings file. Tried: → /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/bindings.node → /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Debug/bindings.node → /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node → /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Debug/bindings.node → /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Debug/bindings.node → /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Release/bindings.node → /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Release/bindings.node → /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/default/bindings.node → /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/compiled/10.2.0/darwin/x64/bindings.node

There is an active thread on GitHub, but the reason why I'm posting this here, is because of this month long issue which IMHO has NOT been solved as far as I'm concerned, now my job is in jeopardy. I'm more then 2 months behind in my work, I'm unable to contact the developers and I discovered that the "Install" script is full of bugs. Let me explain.

First off, following the error message I get, it gives a path that includes a "build" directory, as well as a "Debug" directory. On my machine, I don't have these following directories in my path to node_modules....

$ pwd
    /Users/johndraper/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/node_modules

As you can clearly see, this path is different then what PyMakr displayed, and there is NO "Debug" or "build" directory in that path. It seems the people in the github forum seems to have ignored my statement and subsequent postings.

By the way, before installing Atom, I completely removed my ~/.atom directory so the newly installed Atom could re-build them.

After that, one forum member posted this:

cd ~/.atom/packages/pymakr/
    npm install @serialport/bindings
    ln -s ~/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/@serialport/bindings ~/.atom/packages/pymakr/node_modules/serialport/bindings

Others claimed it worked, but for me, it didn't. Probably because I'm on a Mac OS. I really just did not know.

I want others to know about this serious issue, so they don't "Walk into a trap" like I did.

Bottom line.... current PyMakr does NOT work on Atom. The install script has bugs I pointed out in the issue #134 on the Github bug list.

Absolutely NO workaround ever presented to me has worked.

Fact: I'm more then 2 months late in delivering a project, and now my gig may be ripped from under me, just because I believed that the Pymakr developers were doing their jobs, they are not. And now MY job is at risk.

I respectfully request that the PyMakr developer contact me. I live in USA in Las Vegas. I can be reached at +1 818-640-5290. I'm on Signal, Telegram, and WhatsApp, as well as Riot as jdcrunchman@gmail.com

I am a disabled vet, so my brain is not often up to par with most people.

I'm posting it here for two reasons...

Reason #1 - to tell others planning to use this product that it's broken, and there are no workarounds, and for them to try using other options.

Reason #2 - to reach out to more people at PyCom to express my dissatisfaction and hardship I'm having in using these tools, as well as telling others intending to use Atom and PyMakr that they might want to wait until the product is a bit more mature before attempting to use it.

Regards
    John D
    jdcrunchman@gmail.com

• @dan I'm looking the office phone number to the Amsterdam office.

• Hi @tanmoy_dutta

The number on this page is the correct one: +44 (0) 1483 567 000

But if you have issues with your order, you can also send us an email to sales@pycom.io

Pycom on Twitter