Pymesh release v1.20.1.r2

• Hello community 🙌,

Maybe you already noticed on https://docs.pycom.io/pymesh/ that new Pymesh documentation appeared.

Officially, the Pymesh v1.20.1.r2 is released and all the features of the included Pymesh micropython library are here.

Instructions for licensing process are in Pymesh Licence Page.

Please browse the docs, try the firmware, and let us know your suggestions!

<later edit:> In a nutshell: please, complete the Pymesh LICENCE PDF document, sign it and send us by email. As a response, you will receive the binary.

• @catalin I did manage to upgrade to the new firmware using the CLI tool.
    However, when I upload my program, I got the following error:

got exception [Errno 95] EOPNOTSUPP
    OT stack: 7272
    Pycom MicroPython 1.20.1.r2 [v1.11-7106c733c] on 2019-11-01; FiPy with ESP32
    Type "help()" for more information.

All I did was to start a LoRa connection:
    lora = LoRa(mode=LoRa.LORA, region=LoRa.US915, frequency=928000000, sf=9, bandwidth=LoRa.BW_500KHZ, tx_power=20)

And then start a Mesh connection, which results in the error above right away:
    mesh = lora.Mesh()

• @catalin perhaps you can shed some light?
    I am in fact unable to use custom python libraries on top of v1.20.1.r2.
    Is this by design? Will there be a release which allows it?

• Sorry @eranroll, both @robert-hh and me probably got confused with this, as we have been helping some people on 1.20.1.r1 over at [1] with our custom builds. With the unavailability of Pymesh for the broader audience, there is nothing we can do about it.

I believe @robert-hh mixed Pybytes with Pymesh here and I justed followed blindly. I am sure both things just happened by accident.

Good luck anyway and sorry again!

[1] https://forum.pycom.io/topic/5346/1-20-1-r1

• Thanks @andreas and @robert-hh,

Is that true for the PyMesh supported FW too? v1.20.1.r2?
    I couldn't find it in the links you had sent, and I this firmware requires some more document signing and stuff, so I don't know if you can have the same adjustments...

• Hi @eranroll and thanks @robert-hh,

the most recent "dragonfly" builds as outlined on [1] don't have Pybytes included in their Vanilla Variants and also reenable CTRL+C for the Pybytes Variants.

There's also some instructions regarding saving and restoring the LoRa MAC similar to the post referenced above, also thanks to @robert-hh.

With kind regards,
    Andreas.

[1] https://community.hiveeyes.org/t/testing-the-custom-dragonfly-builds-on-pycom-devices/2746

• @eranroll That is the new Pybytes firmware, which add such nasty "features". @andres here keeps a website for v1.20.1.r2 images without pybytes. Look at the post thread for V1.20.1, e.g. here: https://forum.pycom.io/topic/5258/firmware-release-v1-20-1/57

• Hi,

I am upgrading the Pycom FW to v1.20.1.r2, and once I connect to the device it doesn't respond to Ctrl+C and I can't upload any custom main program to it.
    It happens on 2 different Pycom boards.

Any ideas?

I am upgrading with "Full Chip Erase" and "Force LoRa Region Update" and it doesn't help either.

• @CAPKE Interesting request!
    There is an internal socket here which should be exposed to the Pymesh.
    Meanwhile the simple pymesh.send_mess() functionality should still be kept.
    You could try a PR.
    Otherwise, I'll add it in my backlog.

I'm thinking to make a dedicated forum thread to collect further improvements and community could vote.

• @catalin Hi Catalin,

how can I sending a multicast message (e.g. MULTICAST_MESH_ALL) over the pymesh library?
    I'm missing a function similar to the following mesh socket function:

s.sendto("Here I am ...", (mesh.MULTICAST_MESH_ALL, myport))

When I try: pymesh.send_mess('ff03::1', "Hello World")
    I get the following exception: send_message: wrong input params

Could you please give me an example?

• @kodarn

Pymesh v1.20.1.r2 should not be confused with the standard Pycom v1.20.1.r2 release? The Pymesh is still a custom installation from a local file?

Yes, we'll synchronise them on the next release. Pymesh release is the development v1.20.x.y.z with Pymesh library (and firmware corresponding module).

Licensing: I may request a developer license for one year and max 100 devices, but I may not sell any products based upon Pymesh?

Based on this licence, yes. Just contact us, for volume licence.

• @catalin Two questions to see if I got it right...

1. Pymesh v1.20.1.r2 should not be confused with the standard Pycom v1.20.1.r2 release? The Pymesh is still a custom installation from a local file?

2. Licensing: I may request a developer license for one year and max 100 devices, but I may not sell any products based upon Pymesh?

Pycom on Twitter