Pygate PoE Adapters

• administrators

Dear all,

We have discovered an issue with some of our batches of Pygate PoEs modules. It’s a manufacturing related issue which affects a small number of shipments made over the past week. All shipments made after 6th July are NOT affected.

One of the components on the power line section of the POE was incorrectly mounted (180 degrees) by the SMT line leading to the unit not effectively taking Power over Ethernet. Everything else works and people will be able to push data through the unit as expected or power up via the USB-C connector.

Our manufacturing partner with an impressive track record discovered the error within a matter of days however, shipments had already started. Unfortunately, amidst some batches, a second source component was used in the SMT line which the AOI system (Automated Optical Inspection) failed to spot the error.

If you have received shipments from Pycom before this date then simply email support@pycom.io cc’ing sales@pycom.io. There is an easy fix however we are happy to swap out if required.

For those who wish to try the repair themselves, the affected component is D2 on the bottom of the PCB.
    The white line on the diode should align with the white line on the PCB. If the diode is oriented as shown in the below picture, it needs to be unmounted and re-soldered turned 180 degrees.

alt text

Best wishes
    Christian

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• administrators

@thinginnovations said in Pygate PoE Adapters:

I think the date should be 6th July

Sorry yes this has been corrected.

@robert-hh said in Pygate PoE Adapters:

For those who want to replace the diode in case it looks bad after de-soldering, it would be interesting to know which diode model can be used.

I'll check with the hardware team

• @Xykon For those who want to replace the diode in case it looks bad after de-soldering, it would be interesting to know which diode model can be used.

• I think the date should be 6th July not 6th June as I received mine last week on 2nd July with this error.

I can confirm however that swapping the diode orientation does fix this. You would need to use a hot air desoldering tool to properly remove the diode without damage to either the component itself or the PCB.

Andrew

Pycom on Twitter