Importing Library

• Hi,

I am trying to import this library,

https://github.com/v923z/micropython-ulab

On to a Fipy and I am not sure where to start. I tried reading the docs but honestly got lost on how to apply it to a pycom unit. I am after polyfit to do some polynomial regression.

• Took more time than planned.

Voilá, more community Pycom MicroPython firmwares, including :

• 24 firmwares without ulab, in combinations of 6 xxPy boards, Pybytes or not, single/double precision;
    • 21 firmwares with ulab, in combinations of 6 xxPy boards, Pybytes or not, single/double precision. 3 LoPy/SiPy/WiPy firmwares with ulab and Pybytes combinations are not possible due to the small firmware partition size of these boards. These firmwares with ulab have 'MICROPY_PY_REVERSE_SPECIAL_METHODS' enabled to allow '1 + np.arange(10)', for example.

Announce with more details in 'Pycom firmwares with single/double precision and ulab module' topic.

• Today I've finally success building firmware Pycom MicroPython v1.20.2.rc10 + ulab v0.54.2. Some backporting was needed from MicroPython v1.12 to Pycom MicroPython (based in v1.11).

I hope tomorrow to publish the firmware files for all xxPy boards combining features enabled/disabled, like PyBytes, single/double precision and ulab.

I will keep you updated here.

• Hi kjm,

Sorry I completely missed this response!

The reason I wanted it is because I am making a datalogger that takes a reasonably large amount of recordings and sending them over cellular is no problem. However, when I want to send it over LoRa it is too much so my thinking was that I could record the same amount of recordings then construct a poly from the recordings and then send that instead. I am certainly open to better ideas though?

I am not sure how to recompile with ulab so might need to do some research on that.

Thank you for your reply and sorry I was so late to reply.

• Since the library is in C you might have to recompile the pycom firmware with ulab? Robert & Andreas (couple of forum regulars) have mastered the art form.

Do you really need to do this in real time on the Fipy? I needed a poly to convert battery voltage to state-of-charge, did it online in Windows on PC then used the formula so obtained in the pycom board.

Pycom on Twitter