How to config loragw_hal registers for the PyGate

• Hi,

I am new to pycom products and I just started to evaluate the PyGate. Apologize if I ask silly questions.

Devices I have:
    PyGate 915MHz + GPy

Background:
    My application is proprietary LoRa.
    I need to change some configurations in the PyGate to receive the proprietary LoRa packets.

My Questions:
    In Linux based LoRa gateway, I need to modify the libloragw and packet forwarder.
    More specifically, I need to change value of registers in the loragw_hal.c.

• Can I ask how to change them in PyGate?
    • I guess I need to modify the PyGate firmware or maybe it is part of the GPy firmware.
    • Where can I get the source?
    • How do I compile and program it?

Thanks for your support.

Cheers,
    Paul

• @Gijs

Understood.

Is there an ETA that you could share for the code release?

Thanks,

Cheers,
    Paul

• Hi,
    That is not so much of an issue for me :)
    We are working hard on getting the pygate firmware version source code out there soon! Currently it is not available yet as we have to dot the i's out how it fits in our structure. After that, you will be able to change the necessary low level settings.
    Best,
    Gijs

• Dear mod @Gijs,

Please move my topic into appropriate category if this is not the relevant place.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Paul

• Hi @Gijs

Thanks for your reply.

The config.json does not cover the registers I would like to change for the PyGate.

From my experience, Ineed to change it in loragw_hal.c and re-compile libloragw and packet forwarder to it work with my proprietary LoRa application.

The main.py example provided is an application above packet forwarder level. What I would like to change is actually a level below packet forwarder.

I do not know how and like to get help from you.

Cheers,
    Paul

• This post is deleted!

• Hi,
    No worries, everybody was a beginnner once!

For 915MHz, you will indeed need to change some configurations. We have the example here: https://docs.pycom.io/tutorials/expansionboards/pygate/ for 868MHz. To change this to 915MHz, all you need to do is edit the configuration file (config.json) for the correct frequency plan. We are still working on getting instructions out there to set everything correctly!

In the meantime, you can check the TTN plans here: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/lorawan/frequency-plans.html

Pycom on Twitter