lte.send_at_cmd delay Error

• Hi,

I'm getting an error on send_at_cmd delay param.

>>> import os
    >>> from network import LTE
    >>> lte = LTE()
    >>> lte.send_at_cmd("AT", delay=1000).split('\r\n')
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    TypeError: extra keyword arguments given

Omitting delay executes the function properly but documentation says it should work with the delay param.

What am I missing here?

Br. C

• @Xykon I am using a Hologram SIM with a GPy and am attempting to follow their instructions here: https://support.hologram.io/hc/en-us/articles/360035697393-Modem-SIM-annotated-diagnostic-test specifically the last instruction to run AT+COPS=? to get information on networks in reach. Their document specifically says this command could take up to 3 minutes to execute, but when I run it via the LTE module it comes back in approximately 10 seconds with no response. I am assuming this is a timeout, but I can't say for sure without any response from the module. I was trying to use the delay parameter to increase the timeout for this use case.

As a side note: the documentation has not been updated yet, and still advertises the delay parameter.

Thanks,
    Mike

• administrators

@coon-fu We removed the delay parameter from the command and it seems the documentation hasn't been updated accordingly. We will get this fixed as soon as possible.

All AT commands should now work properly without specifying a delay. If you encounter any commands that require this please let us know.

Pycom on Twitter