sequans verbose/diagnostic

• I've replaced a few old raspberry pi/Sierra 320U usb modem sites with GPYs. The results have been disappointing. I know it's invidious to compare apples with oranges. The GPYs attach on band28 only (the one channel for catM1 with Telstra in AU) whereas the 320Us attached on a variety of WCDMA/LTE bands, none of them B28 because B28 is not available on this ancient broadband modem. But all the 320U band frequencies were higher than the B28 frequency (750MHz) & with the claims that catM1 does better than broadband range wise my expectation was that the GPYs would do better.

Both systems use the same Telstra tower. The average RSRP for the 320Us was -80dBm on their internal antennas with attachment success rates of ~90%. The average RSRP for the GPYs is -100dBm & the attachment success rate is <50% using a 15cm long external whip tuned to B28.

Somewhere on this forum or in the pycom docs I read about a verbose/diagnostic mode for the sequans. I though I might give that a try but I can't find where I read about it. Does it ring a bell for anyone? If so could you provide a link?

Lastly, a question about

>>> lte.send_at_cmd('AT+SQNINS=0')
    '\r\n+SQNINS: 0,4,7,,,,,,,,\r\n+SQNINS: 0,13,7,,,,,,,,\r\n\r\nOK\r\n'

According to the sequans manual at+sqnins=0 should return
    +SQNINS:<action>,<rb>,<ratINS>,<cell_Id>,<tac>,<plmn>,<earfcn>,<pci>,<bandwidth Download>, <rsrp>, <rsrq>

but I'm only getting the first 3. What's worse is that it's claiming bands 4 & 13 when I know it's actually on 28. If somebody has an explanation for this I'd be keen to hear it.

• @kjm Just ran into the SQNINS=0 issue myself; I get the same output whether 0 or 1 is specified for full or fast scanning. Can anyone provide insight into this?

Pycom on Twitter