Getting Started

• I have just powered up my LoPy for the first time .. and can telnet in to 192.168.4.1 and os.uname() gives

(sysname='ESP32', nodename='ESP32', release='0.9.0b', version='8785822 on 2016-10-06', machine='LoPy with ESP32')

My Question: Should pymakr (1.0.0.b5) be able to see my LoPy .. I do not have a serial connection to it .. when I follow settings -> preferences -> Pycom Device I see only com: ports listed in the Device dropdown ...

How do I get pymakr to talk to my LoPy in this setup (I am just following https://www.pycom.io/gettingstarted/ for the LoPy 1.0)

Thanks !

• @abilio Ah. Did not realise it was writeable :) It works fine now ! Thanks.

• @patmolloy If you want to connect over wifi, you need to connect your computer to the LoPy access point, and then, in the Pymakr settings write down (in order): 192.168.4.1, micro, python.

The dropdown combo is writable, so you can write down the IP address of the board. Pymakr has no way to detect it automatically. The content of the dropdown is the list of serial ports in your computer, sort to ease the process in case you want to connect over serial.

Hope it helps, please feel free to come back if you have further questions.

• Ok, I have updated the firmware ..

I now see

(sysname='LoPy', nodename='LoPy', release='0.9.1.b1', version='a78d0fa on 2016-10-21', machine='LoPy with ESP32')

It turned out to be incredibly fiddly and would not work on my primary laptop. Used an old Thinkpad in the end.

So, I am upgraded .. how do I now 'see' the device in pymakr ? I still just see com ports in the device dropdown !

Thanks

Pat

• @abilio Thanks, will give this a shot.

• Hi @patmolloy,

That response from uname corresponds to the factory flashed firmware. In order to continue you must proceed to upgrade it's firmware using the tool located at: https://www.pycom.io/support/supportdownloads/ > Firmware Updates.

Afterwards, you can connect over WiFi to your board, and type down 192.168.4.1 in that dropdown combo. The factory username is micro, and the password is python. This way you should be able to successfully connect to your LoPy.

Keep me posted,
    Abilio

Pycom on Twitter