Battery with expansion board 3.1?

• I have a LiPo battery with these specifications:

• Capacity: 1500mAh
    • Charging voltage: 4.2V
    • Rated voltage: 3.7V
    • Shut-off voltage: 3.0V
    • Maximum charging current: 1500mA (1C)
    • Max discharge: 3000mA (2C)

Will it work with an expansion board 3.1 connected to LoPy4? Im not sure about what "maximum charging current means". I've read that it accept maximum 100 or 450. Will the expansion board itself controll how much it accepts or do i have to programme or physically alter the expansionboard?

• @Anders-H yes, you could. If it's a 3.7V type like this one, it should work. It will take some time to get fully charged, but that is not critical. Take care, like @jcaron said, about the connector polarity. Of that is wrong it will damage your board.

• @robert-hh Could i also choose batteries with 8000mAh for instance? And just directly connect it to the expansion board without any configuration? 9fa94f41-29c7-4538-b6fc-94e42a64c3fe-image.png

• @Anders-H make sure you double check the polarity of the battery. Batteries with the exact same connector are not all wired the same way. Those that come from the RC world (drones, cars, etc.) are usually reversed compared to those required for the expansion board.

• @Anders-H That battery should work fine. It can be charged with less than the maximum charging current.

Pycom on Twitter