PyGo dead on arrival

• Cannot charge the device wirelessly.

Cannot update the firmware since I cannot connect via USB. Got only a wireless charger.

Is there a reset button?

• I have the same problem with my PyGo1. One device seems to be charging but only up to one bar of the battery symbol and the other device seems to be dead with interchanging blue-teal light on the charging pad

I hope they provide a solution

• Pybytes Beta

@Peter-Bankuti
    Another question. FAQ says „How do I turn my PyGo on?
    Your PyGo is an always on device. You can wake it up by charging it, or by double tapping the screen.“

Wake up with charging seems to work, it but only shows the battery symbol. "double tapping" does not work. not on devices just charging, nor on the other devices out of the box coming form the factory.

• @hjoe I'm a little bit confused about notes about "letting the device discharge" and the spec of the FAQ telling how long the battery will last. That says: up to 18 hours in the eco profile. That means, that all devices should arrive with a completely empty battery.
    And, b.t.w., 18 hours seems strange, especially with a 6 hour charging time. That sound that these devices need as much attention as an Tamagotchi. So I hope there is a kind of sleep mode.

• Pybytes Beta

@Peter-Bankuti
    Another question. FAQ says „How do I turn my PyGo on?
    Your PyGo is an always on device. You can wake it up by charging it, or by double tapping the screen.“

Wake up with charging seems to work, it but only shows the battery symbol. "double tapping" does not work. not on devices just charging, nor on the other devices out of the box coming form the factory.

• @hjoe See the last page of ""manual"" delivered with the charging pad. Note 7 describes 1 state of the LED. However we figured out that there are several more states, but we can have just wild guesses what each state actually means:

• solid blue state is most probably for charging

• blinking blue - not sure what it means

• blinking teal - pad overheated

• interchanging blue-teal - not sure what it means

• green-blue-green - pad booting up

• Pybytes Beta

@Peter-Bankuti
    Somehow I got some reaction while placing the PyGos on the wireless charger. It shows a battery sign with four segments. but only two to thre are shown.
    I can not find a documentation on the charger. Do you know, what the blue LED signals to us?

• @hjoe For me it seems that the completely unresponsive state is relatively common for PyGo1 devices but no one complained about such a state for PyGo2. Am not sure what to do with such PyGo1s. Am still hesitating to apply power to Pin4 and see if it would make a positive difference as the datasheet states that is meant to be output only.

And further more the datasheet tells Pin4 has a voltage anywhere between +3.5 and +5.5V, well...for sure only those sensors will tolerate such a wide range which also have level shifting implemented.

• Pybytes Beta

Hi, received my PyGo1 devices today. Have the same problem. Putting the PyGo on the wireless charger, nothing happens.
    What does it mean "let the batteries completely drain"? How long will this last. OK, waiting already for years, now waiting for the device will be discharched?

• There is no reset button, the only way to reset is to let the batteries completely drain... I know.

There's a longer thread about PyGos here - https://forum.pycom.io/topic/7616/getting-started-with-pygos-and-pylife

Pycom on Twitter